My Tokay gecko.

basin79

ArachnoGod
My guy is tame but he is still a little dick. He runs to the entrance towards my hands when he wants to come out and if he does not want to hangout with me he stays in his cage and if i try to take him out his wrath is fierce so i just let him decide. When he is out he crawls on me like a tree or jumps to the nearest wall and scurries about.

You dont have to break them, just earn their trust.
My little man detests me. And that's the way I like it. He looks at me with contempt and if he was able and had a bell I'm sure he'd ring it whilst barking "monkey boy get me some food".

Kailique

Arachnopeon
My little man detests me. And that's the way I like it. He looks at me with contempt and if he was able and had a bell I'm sure he'd ring it whilst barking "monkey boy get me some food".[/QUO

XD wow, aha. He seems wonderful! the huge range of tokay personality astounds me!! however most personalities are in the pissed/arrogant/prideful/defensive/cheeky ranges but they are the best!

Goodlukwitthat

Arachnoknight
My gf and I had one once. We bought it because we felt sorry for the poor thing and the caretakers at the pet store were terrified of it. It was skinny and had your typical tokay attitude to boot. We got it set up and it took a few days before we could get it to eat and we later found out that it loved mealies, which also helped fatten her up to a healthy weight. Will never forget, once we had to do a deep clean on her tank (she was very mean and would attack you if you even opened the door to her enclosure. We had to use the thick double insulated gloves and when she bit onto the glove, you could still feel the pain) and my gf had her in her hand (gloves on) the tokay I guess did a self defense poo, literally shot it clear across the living room (a good 5-6ft poo shoot) Next thing I know I hear my gf shriek in fear and I about died from laughing. It stunk so badly and it's poo got on my gf and everything else (pain to clean up). Looking back it was pretty hilarious. We did have a lot of issues with ours trying to keep a healthy weight. We did a bunch of research and kept the enclosure requirements as they should have been, fed calcium dusted mealies and roaches. She would stop eating for a week or two at a time, lose weight, would even refuse mealies. She was terrified of crickets (in the pet store her tank was full of them, crawling all over her. One of my co-workers was in love with her and bought her off us. Had her for a few months before she died.

basin79

ArachnoGod
My gf and I had one once. We bought it because we felt sorry for the poor thing and the caretakers at the pet store were terrified of it. It was skinny and had your typical tokay attitude to boot. We got it set up and it took a few days before we could get it to eat and we later found out that it loved mealies, which also helped fatten her up to a healthy weight. Will never forget, once we had to do a deep clean on her tank (she was very mean and would attack you if you even opened the door to her enclosure. We had to use the thick double insulated gloves and when she bit onto the glove, you could still feel the pain) and my gf had her in her hand (gloves on) the tokay I guess did a self defense poo, literally shot it clear across the living room (a good 5-6ft poo shoot) Next thing I know I hear my gf shriek in fear and I about died from laughing. It stunk so badly and it's poo got on my gf and everything else (pain to clean up). Looking back it was pretty hilarious. We did have a lot of issues with ours trying to keep a healthy weight. We did a bunch of research and kept the enclosure requirements as they should have been, fed calcium dusted mealies and roaches. She would stop eating for a week or two at a time, lose weight, would even refuse mealies. She was terrified of crickets (in the pet store her tank was full of them, crawling all over her. One of my co-workers was in love with her and bought her off us. Had her for a few months before she died.
Poor bloody lass. Shops like that need shutting down. If it was a puppy or kitten that was being mistreated they'd get reported and something would be done.

Matttoadman

Arachnoknight
Very cool! Don't get offended by this question (so many do). Is this a captive bred or wild caught?

Matttoadman

Arachnoknight
They CBs seem stockier than the wild caught. The CBs don't seem very common over here in the US. Hard to compete with 15$ wilds.

basin79

ArachnoGod
They CBs seem stockier than the wild caught. The CBs don't seem very common over here in the US. Hard to compete with 15$ wilds.
I think my little man was £30 but whilst trying to catch him he dropped his tail so I got him for £20.

They do come in very, very cheap wc. Which is a shame as they could be looked at as an almost disposable lizard.

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
Zeus looks like a happy Tokay. Or at least as happy as a Tokay can be haha I've always liked the big attitude they have. Thanks for sharing!

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Beautiful little guy. Just started keeping herps and am hoping to get a Tokay at some point. Very neat and hard to argue with an attitude like that :D

basin79

ArachnoGod
Beautiful little guy. Just started keeping herps and am hoping to get a Tokay at some point. Very neat and hard to argue with an attitude like that :D
They're fantastic. Really, really beautiful little lizards. You'll not be disappointed if you eventually get hold of one.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
They're fantastic. Really, really beautiful little lizards. You'll not be disappointed if you eventually get hold of one.
Well I did just get a crestie over the weekend, so now it seems like I have the gecko bug lol.

schmiggle

Arachnoking
Very nice! I assume pothos or philodendron for the ground plant, but what's the climbing one?