My Telodeinopus aoutii (Olive, Stripeleg)

Sadie11

Arachnosquire
@mickiem I saw that post too! :wideyed: I really do have it bad. There are just so many, and they're all so pretty and interesting! I think I may need help... :banghead:

mickiem

Arachnoprince
Those legs are bonkers. Whatever you all have is contagious ;)
Lol! I always tell my husband it could be much worse - I could be one of "those" women who like shoes! I have friends that have more shoes than I have millipedes. Well, species, anyway! Then he opens my shoe closet... :rolleyes:

mickiem

Arachnoprince
Another surface molt. That's pretty normal for this species. This one is as big around as my pinky and 6-7” long. They were about 3/4” long when I got them nearly 3 years ago EBA9F9E1-5B1E-4301-B82D-0D360A5C95D9.jpeg

mickiem

Arachnoprince
These guys are really getting big. They are close to being full grown. I have 3 and I think they are all female. This was 10 minuets after I gave them cucumber slices poor things must be starved. :rolleyes: 573844CC-45CC-4634-8E99-66E50E88E49E.jpeg

7Fin

Arachnoknight
These guys are really getting big. They are close to being full grown. I have 3 and I think they are all female. This was 10 minuets after I gave them cucumber slices poor things must be starved. :rolleyes: View attachment 275070
Wow, they must've been hungry- They absolutely ripped through that cucumber! >w>

How big are they now?

mickiem

Arachnoprince
Doh! I should have measured. I baked some new substrate for them last night so I will measure when I "pot them up" this evening.

mickiem

Arachnoprince
@kjgalaxy how are your T. aoutii doing? I thought all 3 of mine were female, but I fed them last night and discovered them mating. They were hooked up, so I am sure I have a pair. I am so excited! I know you thought you had a pair, so maybe yours will be mating soon, too. I didn't expect them to be mature for another year.

mickiem

Arachnoprince
I'm walking on air! I thought they wouldn't be mature for another year or two. Happy dance!!:happy:

twofour

Arachnopeon
Hi, sorry to jump in here but I'm new and trying to get more info on T. aoutii. Struggling to find info like; how long do they take to become adult? How long do they live overall (assuming good husbandry)? And are the males usually larger than the females?

I don't know if anyone here can help with those questions? I have one male one female, but while she has more segments than him (72 vs 69, not including cranial and anal segments) he is substantially heavier.

He's also a total sex pest but so far I haven't seen her be at all interested in his advances!

Any information welcome, TIA