My tarantula sling doesnt want to eat

seanalej

Arachnopeon
I gave my sling a fruit fly last week. I tried giving it a red runner roach this day but it wont take it. Should I leave the roach until he/she eats it?

Tenebrarius

Arachnoangel
crush the head and leave it if it doesn't eat the next day you might want to suspect pre-molt, regardless feeding should be suspended for a while, is the T's booty fat? or nah?

boina

Lady of the mites
1. What species?

2. What size?

3. How big is the abdomen?

4. How are you keeping it?

5. Can you post a pic?

Your question is kind of vague...

boina

Lady of the mites
The enclosue looks very, very big for your sling - and very wet. And the roach is much too big, too.

1. Prekill the roach and leave in in there.

2. Let the substrate dry out. Good would be half moist/ half dry. If your sling is sick because it's too wet it won't eat.

3. Find a smaller enclosure for the time being. Slings usually eat better in smaller enclosures.

I would say the wet-ness of the substrate is definitely an issue. This sling should be hungry. If it isn't eating something is wrong.

seanalej

Arachnopeon
The enclosue looks very, very big for your sling - and very wet. And the roach is much too big, too.

2. Let the substrate dry out. Good would be half moist/ half dry. If your sling is sick because it's too wet it won't eat.

3. Find a smaller enclosure for the time being. Slings usually eat better in smaller enclosures.

I would say the wet-ness of the substrate is definitely an issue. This sling should be hungry. If it isn't eating something is wrong.
Thank you! Ill follow your advice

seanalej

Arachnopeon

It just ate lol, and its abdomen I think got a little bigger. Thanks anyway!

Last edited by a moderator: