My tarantula Lady Delilah is amazingly intelligent and believe we have much to learn

Leila

Arachnobaron
Really...hahaha...but i bet you love moody fellow to pieces. I get easily attached because they are so vibrant and interesting
Yes, I adore him very much. :)

Just remember that your gorgeous lady does not have the mental capacity to truly bond with you. I do not say that to harm your feelings, so pretty please know that I mean well. I simply want you to understand that there will always be a risk when you handle L Delilah (fatal falls for her/ a painful bite for you.) You obviously have provided her with lovely care, given the many years you have had her.

XO.

Stinkwadbethann

Arachnopeon
Yes, I adore him very much. :)

Just remember that your gorgeous lady does not have the mental capacity to truly bond with you. I do not say that to harm your feelings, so pretty please know that I mean well. I simply want you to understand that there will always be a risk when you handle L Delilah (fatal falls for her/ a painful bite for you.) You obviously have handled her with care, given the many years you have had her. :)

XO.
Yes....she is my cuddle bug in mind. I don't bond with mammals the same with bugs or her. At least i know she is comfortable even if feeling are void. I never want her to be anxious or stressed. I guess i didn't get much compassion growing up so these little misunderstood creatures fill a void somehow. I hope to learn more. I got helpful advice here before joining to remove her caraspace after a molt no problem

Socfroggy

Arachnoknight
I really like that you love your T. I'm the same way and it's nice to know I'm not the only one who gets all mushy for their Ts.

Edit: Made myself a little clearer.

Last edited:

Socfroggy

Arachnoknight
Yes....she is my cuddle bug in mind. I don't bond with mammals the same with bugs or her. At least i know she is comfortable even if feeling are void. I never want her to be anxious or stressed. I guess i didn't get much compassion growing up so these little misunderstood creatures fill a void somehow. I hope to learn more. I got helpful advice here before joining to remove her caraspace after a molt no problem
You can relate to them :) You know, I hadn't considered that myself but what you posted resonated with me. I can relate to you. I commend you for your authenticity and transparency. It's not very common, unfortunately.

Leila

Arachnobaron
That's what I intended with the words
'yo man'. That's the start of the song YMCA..... :p
Not sure if I wasn't clear enough or if you needed coffee :D
....the lyrics say "Young man..." but you were close enough :kiss::kiss::rofl:

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
....the lyrics say "Young man..." but you were close enough :kiss::kiss::rofl:
Really???? So I've been singing this in clubs wrong all these years?? That's hilarious :rofl::rofl:
Well...a point in my defense...I was mostly drunk when hearing/singing this song....:bucktooth:

Leila

Arachnobaron
Really???? So I've been singing this in clubs wrong all these years?? That's hilarious :rofl::rofl:
Well...a point in my defense...I was mostly drunk when hearing/singing this song....:bucktooth:
In your defense, it does kinda sound like they are saying "Yo, man!" :confused::rofl:

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
In your defense, it does kinda sound like they are saying "Yo, man!" :confused::rofl:
I think a lot of people at the club/bar had it wrong...:D kind of going like 'yo man! nvffjkigtrdd I said yo man fhjjhddhjjvdss Y M C A, Y M C A A!
:p

Vermis

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I always thought it was 'Yo man', 'til this popped up in the last month or two:

"He was going to say... so the first words are... ohh..."

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
That's what I intended with the words
'yo man'. That's the start of the song YMCA..... :p
Not sure if I wasn't clear enough or if you needed coffee :D
Just building on your post and apparently I brought the right material. lol
GMTA

Stinkwadbethann

Arachnopeon
I really like that you love your T. I'm the same way and it's nice to know I'm not the only one who gets all mushy for their Ts.

Edit: Made myself a little clearer.
Yes...nothing wrong with that. I believe God made so many cause he knew we would be fascinated and mushy over them! Lol

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
My MM (mature male) G. porteri is one of those moody Rose Hairs. Lol. He can either be the sweetest of gentlemen or the most ornery little butthead. Lol. He has actually given me threat postures and has planted his barred fangs into the substrate in his enclosure...quite a few times. My offense? Replacing his old water dish with a fresh one. :rofl::rofl: (It was quite shocking, tbh. Lol.)
Everyone loves the great Gatsby ... o_O

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Wow.....i guess some don't like to be bothered. I never force her to come out or handle often. If she comes on my hand then i will. I enjoy reading with her stretched out on my chest and stroke her with a cotton q-tip.
Do you really stroke your Tarantula with a Q-tip? Because that is not a good idea.