My tarantula is taking longer to molt

Ilovespideybois

Arachnopeon
89238956-CFA1-4ABD-848A-DC02F4F13636.jpeg I noticed my tarantula started it’s molting stage yesterday. I believe this is the second time she’s molted. I’m concerned because we’re going on day 2 and it normally doesn’t take that long. She’s still moving and I can see the gaps where it’s starting to break through, I’m just worried with how long it’s taking. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I’m just worried.

cold blood

Staff member
2 days is too long...its stuck...you need to help it out...problem is, you needed to help it out much earlier...now the exo will be hardened, making things much much more difficult. Tweezers, water and either a paintbrush or q tip...you may even need to cut away some of it.

Its a difficult and painstaking process that doesn't always end well, but doing nothing is certain death.

Ilovespideybois

Arachnopeon
2 days is too long...its stuck...you need to help it out...problem is, you needed to help it out much earlier...now the exo will be hardened, making things much much more difficult. Tweezers, water and either a paintbrush or q tip...you may even need to cut away some of it.

Its a difficult and painstaking process that doesn't always end well, but doing nothing is certain death.
What would be the best way to go about doing so? I’ve never had this problem with my previous tarantulas and I don’t want to hurt her in any way.

Ilovespideybois

Arachnopeon
Unfortunately my baby didn’t make it. I worked on him for several hours and it seemed as though things would turn around, but towards the end, he started the “death curl.” I knew he wasn’t going to make it. Thank you all for the help though. I hope he rests well