My T is losing Climbing abilities

Mandiblehead

Arachnopeon
when i first got him in he use to climbe the glass no problem. but now he cant seem to as easily, he has much more trouble, he can stil get up there if hes determined to. but now if he stays on the wall stationary he slides down. just slipps till hes on the ground. will that regenerate with sheds/ molts ? is the glass dulling his clawhooks ? or is it just geting harder for him bcause hes getting heavvier or what ?

PeaceBee

Arachnoknight
Ts sometimes have a hard time climbing when they're in premolt :) As long as it's a healthy spider I wouldn't worry.

Keith B

Arachnobaron
IME, some terrestrial T's are extremly adept at climbing glass. Other, slower-moving, less skittish species, seem to struggle more with it as they get heavier, as well as struggle more before molting. Take it as a blessing. You don't really want him climbing the sides, and the more immediate concern would be to figure out why he's trying (unless he's a MM, then it's basically non-stop)

MarkmD

Arachnoprince
T's usually lose suction on the feet closer to molting as they become sluggish, it will go back to normal after molting, yes heavier T's do find it harder to stay climbing, although with glass they are very good at climbing it and multiple surfaces.