My Stick and Leaf Insects!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob Ma

Arachnoknight
@KevinsWither It might be some kind of hybrid of R. banksiae and something else. Of course, I am no real botanist so I cannot say for sure. This website has a list of rose species that you can look at, and see if you like one of the kinds. I personally retrieved rose cuttings from a friend's house as her rose bushes were getting out of control, so I stopped by every 2-3 weeks or so to cut a few branches off and give them to my insects.

Pretty neat that you do aquaponics! It would be pretty cool if you show off your setup for the roses if you do decide on this.

KevinsWither

Arachnodemon
Also I wonder, if you don't want to say this you don't have to. But how in the world did you get the stick insects in the first place? Anyways do you have the jungle nymph? I find those interesting.

Jacob Ma

Arachnoknight
I wouldn't say "break through", but smaller individuals may find holes in the mesh or in the container and squeeze through the little gaps. They are not strong enough generally to "break through" the containers.

Earthworm Soul

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I wouldn't say "break through", but smaller individuals may find holes in the mesh or in the container and squeeze through the little gaps. They are not strong enough generally to "break through" the containers.
Super cool to know some are escaping.

Sunhat66

Arachnopeon
Hello,
I'm seeing several people on different conversation threads state that keeping Indian stick bugs (Carausius morosus) is illegal in the United States. Could someone point me to an official reference that says this? The USDA website doesn't list Carausius as an invasive species, and I'm not sure where else to look. Thanks!

Hayley

Arachnopeon
I've had a small collection of stick insects for a little over a year now, and they are probably my favorite insects of all time! Probably most tame and friendly insects or animals in general (as long as they are not being provoked, then they will run away from you) as well as looking very diverse from one another. Next to roaches and some beetles, these insects are probably the most cost moderate to raise as you only need some room temperature (or a little more) heating and cage material to buy for them, unless the plants or decoration are bought as well.

I'd love to "learn" about the Phyllium philippinicum". I'm a teacher and want to show my students. Please message me.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I'd love to "learn" about the Phyllium philippinicum". I'm a teacher and want to show my students. Please message me.
From what I've gathered, P.philipinicum are illegal to keep in the US unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.