My spiders.

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Some very rare photos of my Sicarius Terrosus (sand spider).
Ok, so I'm a little late to the party, but wow - what a beauty! Saw one at a recent reptile expo and was SERIOUSLY tempted.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Great pictures! What were you keeping her in? I've always wanted to have a Nephilid but it's my understanding that they need tons of space - to the point that anything short of turning over the guest bedroom would be too small.
I had her in a 450mm square exo terra and she did great. She built a small but fantastic web.

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I had her in a 450mm square exo terra and she did great. She built a small but fantastic web.
Wow, I would have thought she'd need more room! I may have to look into getting one of these. I've had other orb weavers (Araneus gemmoides, Eriophora edax) refuse to web in captivity, both in large mesh pop-up butterfly enclosures (roughly 18" x 18" x 36" high) and in large hexagonal screen cages (roughly 18" across by around 24" high), despite having ample sticks available as anchor points and good air flow. On the other hand, I've been successful with Argiope argentata and Argiope trifasciata - both would make small webs in the available space, though they were not as robust nor as well-maintained as webs in the wild.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Wow, I would have thought she'd need more room! I may have to look into getting one of these. I've had other orb weavers (Araneus gemmoides, Eriophora edax) refuse to web in captivity, both in large mesh pop-up butterfly enclosures (roughly 18" x 18" x 36" high) and in large hexagonal screen cages (roughly 18" across by around 24" high), despite having ample sticks available as anchor points and good air flow. On the other hand, I've been successful with Argiope argentata and Argiope trifasciata - both would make small webs in the available space, though they were not as robust nor as well-maintained as webs in the wild.
I've got some videos of her on my youtube channel. The size didn't seem to bother her, just meant a smaller web for her to make. She took flies and cockroaches with no problems.

schmiggle

Arachnoking
I love those golden orb weavers! I don't think I've seen individuals keeping them successfully before...my local science museum had a spider exhibit for a while and they had a couple of juvenile females (I can't remember what species--I think something common--probably clavipes?).

basin79

ArachnoGod
I'm fascinated by those and I wish to know more about their venom potency. It's not that much what is available, on that sense.
I am, so just had to finally get one. I'm not sure on their venom either. I do believe Al Pacino said it best regarding these.

basin79

ArachnoGod
I'm fascinated by those and I wish to know more about their venom potency. It's not that much what is available, on that sense.
Just realised you where typing about my red fang and not about the trapdoor.

They are beautiful, beautiful spiders. I'd presume their venom has a bit of a kick to it although I'm hoping I never prove that myself.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Just realised you where typing about my red fang and not about the trapdoor.

They are beautiful, beautiful spiders. I'd presume their venom has a bit of a kick to it although I'm hoping I never prove that myself.
Yes I was talking about the Ctenus sp. (or Ctenidae sp.?) "red fang/s", not C.ricketti (btw if I can ask, you bought C.ricketti from TSS? Saw them months ago) :-s

I don't have a clue about the "red fangs" venom potency, but Christ, I honestly put those into my personally "a spider you don't wanna get tagged by" league, ah ah.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Yes I was talking about the Ctenus sp. (or Ctenidae sp.?) "red fang/s", not C.ricketti (btw if I can ask, you bought C.ricketti from TSS? Saw them months ago) :-s

I don't have a clue about the "red fangs" venom potency, but Christ, I honestly put those into my personally "a spider you don't wanna get tagged by" league, ah ah.
Yes a bought her from TSS.

The red fangs certainly look like a spider that could put you on your arse. I'll certainly not be a guinea pig to test out their venom strength.