My spiders.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
To admire this Beauty in your videos is one thing, to have her in my room is another thing. I'm not sure, if I could keep her because of my phobia, and as far as I know is are Heteropoda not even the most docile species? And they are very fast? Or am I wrong?
All this things together means to me: Hands off! You can't handle that :stop:.
You're right, but you wouldn't want to handle her anyway, that's the beauty of spiders. To me seeing them naturally, and not on your hand is the reason I/we keep them, they're just awesome. Especially beauties like this.

basin79

ArachnoGod
You're right, but you wouldn't want to handle her anyway, that's the beauty of spiders. To me seeing them naturally, and not on your hand is the reason I/we keep them, they're just awesome. Especially beauties like this.
I agree about handling, or not handling to be precise. I do genuinely believe jumping spiders enjoy time out of their enclosures though.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
I agree about handling, or not handling to be precise. I do genuinely believe jumping spiders enjoy time out of their enclosures though.
Without question, you can see that they "appear" to"enjoy time out of their enclosures, the way they're always checking out their surroundings is so cool, IMO the most intelligent species of spider there is. You just have to watch Portia - "GENIUS" is how Attenborough described her. Who's going to argue with that.

keks

Arachnobaron
Sorry when you misunderstood my posting, but: I NEVER would handle ANY spider (maybe except jumping spiders as basin79 does, but I don't have one ;)).
My "hands off" means that I know I am NOT ABLE to care for a Heteropoda, so I never would buy one :).
I love basin79s videos of his girl, every time I enjoy the beauty of this animal, but I never could keep her in my own rooms.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
I love basin79s videos of his girl, every time I enjoy the beauty of this animal, but I never could keep her in my own rooms.
Whether it's because of availability, money, space, or just a lack of experience, there are many spiders I am happy to enjoy vicariously.

Veles

Arachnobaron
Noticed the tiny Gandanameno sp sling 1 had shed and kicked the skin out. On retrieving it the spider came out so I gave it a feed. Managed to record it.

That's a Segestria species,which one I don't know.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
So beautiful! I love jumping spiders, they're so interesting to observe. Whenever I see one outside I get so happy.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Do you maybe have any ground spiders in your collection?
Yes although I hate the term collection. They're not ornaments. Sicarius terrosus, Gandanameno sp and Macrothele gigas. My Heteropoda lunula is arboreal.

Veles

Arachnobaron
Yes although I hate the term collection. They're not ornaments. Sicarius terrosus, Gandanameno sp and Macrothele gigas. My Heteropoda lunula is arboreal.
By ground spiders i ment spiders from family Gnaphosidae.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Do not worry about that my friend.So you have any of those?
I don't think so. My true spiders are:
Gandanameno sp
Macrothele gigas
Heteropoda lunula
Sicarius terrosus
Hyllus diardi
Phidippus regius
Cyclocosmia ricketti.

Veles

Arachnobaron
I don't think so. My true spiders are:
Gandanameno sp
Macrothele gigas
Heteropoda lunula
Sicarius terrosus
Hyllus diardi
Phidippus regius
Cyclocosmia ricketti.
Those are some great spiders you have.You should really get a Gnaphosidae species,if you do not have problem feeding them other spiders who are their prefered diet.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Those are some great spiders you have.You should really get a Gnaphosidae species,if you do not have problem feeding them other spiders who are their prefered diet.
I could NEVER feed a spider to another.

Veles

Arachnobaron
I could NEVER feed a spider to another.
I understand,but thats how mother nature made them.I keep S.blackwalli and D.cupreus,i feed them other spiders because they refuse to eat insects.