My spider

jdcarrel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi, I am new here and am also new into the whole spider thing. Well I caught this wolf spider and instead of killing it I feed it. :) Here are pics

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Gorgeous wolf I wish he had some the size of that around here :)

jdcarrel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I actually just caught another wolf spider a bit bigger but black. I will post pictures in a bit. Also, I put them in the same cage and the grey one jumped on top of it and was screwing with its abdomin.

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
that woudl be corting m'friend, the male sits atop the female reaches over and under the abdomen to insert :) Perhaps when I get back from canada I could negotiate getting you to ship some of those fine species to me :)

jdcarrel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
sounds like a plan. Here are some pics I just took of it. The black one is the new one. It is a little bigger, but pretty close to the same size.

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It would appear as the light brown morph is a male and the darker morph is your female. Its good you added a female as the males dont live long :)

nowhereman

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Those are some really good pics. I don't know how long they live but I use to have one particular female in a friends woodshop. I know she lived two years. She was massive. You could see the daylight under her when she walked. What was really amazing was to see all her little slings clutched to her abdomen.

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I believe, That the general longitivity for an adult wolf is a few years, and it takes them I think oen or two seasons to mature I am unture about the spoceies you have the ones I deal with are mach smaller mature in a season and typicaly live a year or two after maturity

Mad Hatter

Arachnofriend
Old Timer
I can't get over how big those suckers are. They're enormous! Are they getting along together okay? Because of my experience with tarantulas, I'd never have put them in with one another, unless I really only wanted one wolf spider.

jdcarrel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Mad Hatter said:
I can't get over how big those suckers are. They're enormous! Are they getting along together okay? Because of my experience with tarantulas, I'd never have put them in with one another, unless I really only wanted one wolf spider.

yep, they are fine together.

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Especialy since their male and female ratio. The male shoudl be fien right up to the point that she lays an egg sac then he may be in trouble or until he becoems too old and decriped to move quickly enough for her likings nad he will find himself munched.

jdcarrel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Malhavoc's said:
Especialy since their male and female ratio. The male shoudl be fien right up to the point that she lays an egg sac then he may be in trouble or until he becoems too old and decriped to move quickly enough for her likings nad he will find himself munched.

we will find out soon enouph.