My spider isnt eaten in a week and he molted

Batu41

Arachnopeon
I got my phidippus audax male a week ago and he's dont want to come out of he's encloser and he didn't eat since he arrived and he molted yesterday and im little bit affraid about that he not eaten.
I spray a little water near his nest every day. The encloser is about 23-25 C.

Sugarpill

Arachnosquire
He was obviously in pre-molt when you got him, now that he’s molted you should give him at least a week or so to recover from such a major event! :) What are you trying to feed him? A good post-molt meal after a week could be some fruit flies, so he can grab them when he feels like, plus they crawl towards the top which makes it easy peasy for a tired jumper. I try to feed dusted pinheads when I can but I also keep fruit flies/bottle flies around because they like to hunt :happy:

Batu41

Arachnopeon
I usually feed him pinhead crickets and mealworms .
He's in his 5-6 molt.
Is there any time when i say that i need to remove my jumer out of his nest?

Last edited:

Sugarpill

Arachnosquire
I usually feed him pinhead crickets and mealworms .
He's in his 5-6 molt.
No, there should be no reason to remove him from his webbing, he knows better than us what he needs and wants. Just let him continue to recover and he’ll come wandering out when he’s good to go!

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
No do not do that, it may be needing or in the process of molting and you could greatly damage it. There’s no reason to take them out like that. It’s a spider not a hamster.