1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my slings molted!

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by yeR_NarKoTiK, Aug 19, 2004.

1. Advertisement
    my babies molted! a few days ago, but they got their new cups so i thought id take some pictures... a chaco golden knee and a curly hair :eek: im still trying to learn latin names lol. tell me what you think! sorry the pic of the curly hair isnt great :(

Attached Files:

2. MyNameHere

MyNameHere Arachnobaron Old Timer

Good show, chap!

The first moult w/a new sling is always exciting, and for some of us the excitement is brand new every time, no matter how many moults we live through!
  3. Joe1968

Joe1968 Arachnoprince Old Timer

with that size, they'll be moltin like crazy. :D
  4. Kewl man!!! I had 2 molt this week myself :D
  5. rosehaired1979

rosehaired1979 Arachnoking Old Timer

Congrats on the molts oh and
    Brachypelma albopilosum-Curly hair
    Grammostola aureostriata -Chaco Golden Knee
  6. Jakob

Jakob Arachnoprince Old Timer

Nice...looking pretty fat too!

7. Zombie

Zombie Arachnoknight

Good looking slings.
    The substrate looks a tad wet though.
  8. yeah the substrate was a bit wet, i had just soaked it but its drier now. i didnt get to see them molt :( but i saw 3 legs sticking out from under the curly hairs little den ... while she/he was sitting on top of the mound so i figured it didnt clone :cool: hehe im so excited, cant wait for them to be a few inches!
  9. spidergoddess

spidergoddess spidergoddess Old Timer

"Precious" is a great name for the B. albopilosum, but "BR Deli" seems a bit odd for a G. aureostriata... ;P :D
  10. JohnxII

JohnxII Avicoholic Old Timer

You beat me to the names spidergoddess!

I can't say by 1st person experience for curlies, but both are the faster growers of their respective families. Little Chaco's, in particular, grow vigorously in the 1st couple years of their lives.
  11. lol my gramma took me shopping a few years ago at petco and i was looking at the tarantulas but my mom wouldnt let me have one, but my gramma said if i named it precious, she'd buy it for me. but i got a rat instead, and figured id name it precious for grams