My sling won't eat live feeds

Christian Del Rosario

Arachnopeon
Hey guys. I have brought these tiny lats for my T slings and they seem not to eat take it or kill it. They only eat pre-killed mealworms. Is that normal? The size of my slings are like 2-5cm I think, that is just an estimate.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Not normal, but not strange! Tarantulas slings sometimes shy away from live food? Why i dont know? Your guess is as good as mine!

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
In my opinion it is normal depending on species and individual. I only have three slings that will eat live feeders, but the rest will only eat prekilled prey. Therefore I only feed slings prekilled prey, even those that eat live prey.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hmm, strange! I have had hundreds of slings during the years and as far as i can remember, all have eaten live prey! Thats not said i havnt fed them dead prey. I often do this if i am uncertain if they are in premoult

Christian Del Rosario

Arachnopeon
Hmm, strange! I have had hundreds of slings during the years and as far as i can remember, all have eaten live prey! Thats not said i havnt fed them dead prey. I often do this if i am uncertain if they are in premoult
yeah seems really strange to me. i have seen people giving slings live prey but mine just won't hunt. I have tried giving the tiniest roach or give a bit larger one. It will just run away hahahhaha

Ztesch

Arachnoknight
Ya no worries. Keep feeding the sling prekilled and try live every so often. It will take live eventually

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
most people feed prekilled to their slings anyway.
Most? I didn’t know a scientific survey has been completed on this topic....o_O:rolleyes:

Many people feed live. I feed slings that are smaller than 1/8” live prey.

Hey guys. I have brought these tiny lats for my T slings and they seem not to eat take it or kill it. They only eat pre-killed mealworms. Is that normal? The size of my slings are like 2-5cm I think, that is just an estimate.
Some Ts don’t like roaches

Last edited by a moderator:

Enrgy

Arachnosquire
Most? I didn’t know a scientific survey has been completed on this topic....o_O:rolleyes:

Many people feed live. I feed slings that are smaller than 1/8” live prey.
*some sorry about that.. apple has been trippy lately:rolleyes: