My Singapore blue died.

Flower

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Azura died. I just don't understand. She hid and webbed up her cork bark tube, so I never really saw her. I finally got this bad feeling and destroyed her webbing, and she was dead and smelly. There were mites all over her, moving and easy to see (this makes me think they might just be eating her dead body and might not be what killed her) I don't know what happened. :( I am completely torn. I don't know what I did wrong.

Spyder 1.0

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i had a juvinile die on me out of the blue for no reason the exact same way minus the mites. Did you have any greatstuff foam in the enclosure at all? and were you heating the enclosure at all?

Flower

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks guys. It shouldn't have been old age, she apparently wasn't full grown (she was huge however!) I have no idea what could have happened. :(

It was super hot and I unplugged the heat pad and went out of town. A big cold front hit (I am not lying when I tell you it's about 58 degrees outside right now) I guess she could have gotten too cold? It's not seriously cold in my house (it NEVER gets lower than 65 and is usually over 70) anyways my emperor tank had it's heat source unplugged as well as a few other enclosures, and all of them were fine when I got back home.

She was always kind of weird. She NEVER came out, and usually stayed on the ground or the lower part of her cork bark...

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
That is horrible!! Im going through a similar thing. My B. smithi I raised from a wee button to a 4" female just molted... and died.. :(.. No reason she should have.. Gotta hate those unexpected deaths.

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Flower and Old Hag, I'm so sorry for your loss!!!!!!!!!!

Flower

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Maybe it was mites that killed her. There was a dubia I dropped in there for her that she never ate, and it's still alive and covered in mites. I feel so STUPID. I should have seen them, I should have done something....

dtknow

Arachnoking
Old Timer
How was the substrate? I find with these(and other similar arboreals) that you need to practice good hygiene because their burrows can get warm and stuffy which means great place for stuff to grow. I raised a P. cambridgei up to 5 inches and it mysteriously died one day(it is still in the freezer and has lost little color). I suspect not enough ventilation may have been the cause.

Flower

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
How was the substrate? I find with these(and other similar arboreals) that you need to practice good hygiene because their burrows can get warm and stuffy which means great place for stuff to grow. I raised a P. cambridgei up to 5 inches and it mysteriously died one day(it is still in the freezer and has lost little color). I suspect not enough ventilation may have been the cause.
Her tank was a ten gallon on it's side to be as tall as possible. It had about six inches of substrate, and the lid (side) was screen. I tried to keep the substrate (coco fiber) pretty damp but not icky. She had a little pond water dish in there, fake flowers and branches and vines, and her cork bark house. If anything the humidity might not have been high enough. I tried to do cage maintenance and removed anything dead I found. This was easy because she was quite docile and I could actually do most by hand. I always sniffed the cage for fungus and mold. I thought I kept her clean. :( Maybe I missed stuff because of all the fake ferns and stuff...

seanbond

Arachnoking
Old Timer
unexpected deaths suk
im sure you both did the best you cud

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My Singablue is my only T with a heat pad. Usualy, I am doubtful that cold might kill a T, but this specific one lives almost right on the Equator, so it might be a tad more heat dependent. Also, I dunno why, arboreals seem to die easier!

maxident213

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Sorry for your loss. I've had bad luck with this species personally. Seemingly fine-and-healthy individuals (including two mature females :( ) just up & die on me for mysterious reasons.

biomarine2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Sorry for your loss. I've had bad luck with this species personally. Seemingly fine-and-healthy individuals (including two mature females :( ) just up & die on me for mysterious reasons.
I have had the exact same experience. I currently have around 9 of them. I have had 2 from different sacs up and die for no apparant reason. All the ones I have right now are thriving, so it appears. Sorry for your loss.

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Ah that sux!I also had a L.vio die on me for no apparent reason last week.Spider was healthy and about 4" legspan.I'm thinking that even know this species comes from a humid climate they dont need a high humidity enclosure.Soren recently posted about keeping lampropelma on the dry side with a waterdish.I'm guessing that in the wild it may stay quite dry inside the hollow trees these spiders live in?