my scorpion is not moving

yokkohmorata

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
my scorpion is not moving..5mins ago..its tail is laid back..whats wrong with that?any idea?

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
tail is laying down flat behind it on the ground? If it stays that way for a couple of days, it may be dead. But I wouldn't rule out pre-moult without more info. Is this a possibility? anyone else?

my scorpion is not moving..5mins ago..its tail is laid back..whats wrong with that?any idea?

Vidaro

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
if u think its dead it probably is...premolt doesnt stop the scorp from reacting + if it was going for a molt it would have mooved by now.Im preety sure u tried to get a reaction from it by touching it or blowing on it, if nothing happend, im sorry...

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I don't know about that vidaro. One of the first scorpions I had, I made that mistake, it wouldn't move for nothing. It was still alive though, and molted later that night. I am glad I didn't spear it as I was ready to.

calum

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
scorpions in very heavy premoult may not respond to external stimuli.. in the few hours just before a moult begins, they usually lay completely still, you can prod them and they won't move.

but if it is not in premoult (and maybe even if it is..) it doesn't sound too good.

Memento

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My rule of thumb: If it doesn't stink, it's not dead.

Wait a couple of days. If it starts to smell bad, then it's dead.

whitewolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
too fuzzy. just let it be 48-72 hours pretend it doesn't exist. If it starts to smell bad, is covered in grain mites, or looks squishy remove it. It sound mean but let nature run it's course if it's molting you can kill it messing with it. If it's dead there's nothing you can do. It happens it sounds mean but it happens.

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Oh, I hope he is okay, but I think the odds are not so good. :(

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I am sorry, but from what you describe doesn't sound very good. it's done.

one of mine is in the process of molting right now and it moved around earlier.

rd_07

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
can you get a better pic? it looks dead if its still not moving
is that h.longimanus? slings of this kind moves a lot

racer 6

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
come to think of it, that DOES look like a h. longimanus..

mine froze a bit before molting, as it's doing right now.. its tail was down, yes, but it falls down one side of the body (not towards the rear, very much unlike yours) plus it never touched the ground..AND it responds to stimulus, runs away from movement of any sort.

give it as much time, well, as much time as it needs to stink like a dead mouse. then you can maybe use it as fertilizer for your mom's flower box. kidding. :D

good luck though.