My Scorpion collection

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
It's official I am one of those easily addicted people. I just added the following to my collection today
0.0.2 Parabuthus schlecteri
0.0.2 Androctunus bourdoni
1.1 Hottentota jayakari
0.0.1 Buthus draa
0.0.2 Leiurus haenggii
Add those to what I already have
0.0.2 Hottentota franzwerneri
0.0.1 Hottentota buchariensis
0.0.1 Hottentota salei
0.0.1 Androctunus bourdoni
0.0.1 Hadrurus arizonensis

Photos are pretty difficult since most are under 4i but here are some of the good ones!
H. arizonensis
DSC_0343.JPG
H. franzwerneri
20171010_202410.jpg
H. jayakari
DSC_0571.JPG
DSC_0574.JPG
L. haenggii
DSC_0573.JPG

I want to invite everyone to share experiences and information with ANY of these species in this thread. I really enjoy how quick so many jump in to help others. I know I personally have plenty to learn but hopefully I can help out somehow too.

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
Forgot to mention it yesterday, but I finally named a scorpion. My little Buthus draa is officially Loki now.
When I was unpacking I got it into the transfer RUB and tried recatching in a small vial since that worked on all other small scorplings. Completely faked me out and used the small gap to sneak under the vial instead of going in. Then later while checking how they were all settling in, couldn't find it. Looked on and under the small cork piece but no Loki... Then I noticed a small gap in the substrate and a tiny little pincer poking out :rofl: Nearly gave me a heart attack thinking it escaped or something.

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
Great Collection !!! Youll really love the H Franzwerneri once they mature. They can be quite shy until reaching 4-5i and then they turn into defensive eating monsters. Their coloration gets better with each molt too.

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
Great Collection !!! Youll really love the H Franzwerneri once they mature. They can be quite shy until reaching 4-5i and then they turn into defensive eating monsters. Their coloration gets better with each molt too.
Already a big fan, the bigger of the two I have is always visible. Only 3i but I can already see great markings too. Perched on top of the cork almost all the time.

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
So I may have found a semi-local connection for scorpions to combine with the one from here. Any arid species suggestions?

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
Forgot to post this earlier but sadly one each of the Androctonus bourdoni and Parabuthus schlecteri didn't make it :(
Still have 0.0.2 A bourdoni but down to 0.0.1 P schlecteri.
Might be getting other Parabuthus species soon though. All depends on what my local guys can get. Hopefully I can add a few to my collection.

Man, these little things are fun to keep. Even Loki (Buthus draa) who gave me another burrow scare lol

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
Just grabbed these from the local guys. They were labeled as "Emperor" but I'm not 100% sure. Any input? The different color telson's are what are confusing me. Top picture is reddish and 2nd is more white. The 2nd is also a fair amount smaller than the top.

DSC_0628.JPG
DSC_0632.JPG

EDIT: Also picked up a couple Parabuthus transvaalicus 3i as well. No photos of them yet.

TheScorpionMan

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
One i have now has grown to 5i and is in defense posture every time i walk by it lol. doesn't even use its hide.

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
Here are the little P transvaalicus. Saw they were out and decided to offer some food. They definitely were hungry. I'm thinking that since the are from South Africa I should mix a little sand in with the coconut fibre, any input on that?
20171126_113205.jpg
20171126_113040.jpg

Jamie M

Arachnopeon
Here are the little P transvaalicus. Saw they were out and decided to offer some food. They definitely were hungry. I'm thinking that since the are from South Africa I should mix a little sand in with the coconut fibre, any input on that?
View attachment 258767
View attachment 258768
For my south african species i just use dried out coco fiber and there fine usualy spend most there time on there cork bark, other arid species i use either packed hard sand so they can dig and burrow or a 70% 30% sand cocofiber mix

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
Very cool collection. Good pics too
Thanks!
For my south african species i just use dried out coco fiber and there fine usualy spend most there time on there cork bark, other arid species i use either packed hard sand so they can dig and burrow or a 70% 30% sand cocofiber mix
Yeah I've only mixed fibre and sand with a couple other species. I try to mimic the natural environment as close as possible. It's easier with some species lol

Scolopendra1989

Arachnosquire
Just grabbed these from the local guys. They were labeled as "Emperor" but I'm not 100% sure. Any input? The different color telson's are what are confusing me. Top picture is reddish and 2nd is more white. The 2nd is also a fair amount smaller than the top.

View attachment 258636
View attachment 258637

EDIT: Also picked up a couple Parabuthus transvaalicus 3i as well. No photos of them yet.
That looks like it has granulated claws and the signature red telson. I'd say it's a P. Imperator, but they're somewhat rare and typically pricey nowadays depending on where you live. Whatever the species, it looks great.

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
That looks like it has granulated claws and the signature red telson. I'd say it's a P. Imperator, but they're somewhat rare and typically pricey nowadays depending on where you live. Whatever the species, it looks great.
Thanks! Those were my thoughts but I have trouble trusting my own guesses.
Yeah the same people got in others a couple weeks ago and before I could get to them they were sold. It seems imperator is slowly becoming less rare. Still pricey, but luckily I got a deal for buying four different scorpions and a Chilobrachys fimbriatus sling. Not keeping the fimbriatus though, that is for a friend.

Prophet

Arachnosquire

View attachment 258636
View attachment 258637

I'm by far no expert, but these look almost exactly like mine and mine are P. imperator. Just from reading and looking around I'm not sure what the difference is between those and dictators b/c they look very similar I believe.

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
I'm by far no expert, but these look almost exactly like mine and mine are P. imperator. Just from reading and looking around I'm not sure what the difference is between those and dictators b/c they look very similar I believe.
Thanks! I'm hoping they are both imperator and even better, a breedable (not sure if that's even a real word lol) pair. I know the one with the whitish telson is pretty active in the evening. Maybe I can get a photo of pectines soon :D

Prophet

Arachnosquire
Thanks! I'm hoping they are both imperator and even better, a breedable (not sure if that's even a real word lol) pair. I know the one with the whitish telson is pretty active in the evening. Maybe I can get a photo of pectines soon :D
Yea thats one of the main reasons I got mine, to try my hand at breeding them. I have 2 females and a males and they all get along very nicely. Haven't had any fights whatsoever (that I've seen at least). I like the imperators b/c they are very docile it seems so far