My Rosie Spun A Present For Me

GOMER113

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
About a month and a half ago, my rosie had begun acting very strange. Even more strange than normal, if that makes sense. She started going on some sort of digging and webbing spree. I had never seen her move and stay active so much for so long. She still had her same old voracious appetite, so I thought nothing of it.

One thing I noticed was that she covered up both entries to her hide and started draining water from her water dish and into the substrate using her webbing. Whether she meant to do that or not, I don't know. Since she had done the draining thing three waterings in a row, I decided to move the water dish and she continued digging, sort of under it.

Up until last night, every time I checked on her the previous three nights, she was in some sort of happy dance trance. She was in the little crater she created and kept spinning around in circles and laying down web. I thought it was an overkill attempt at a molting mat. And, yes, I did notice that she was fat, but I thought that it was because of the B. dubia I had begun feeding her (two a week, but they were rather large). The night before last, I gave her a small roach and she just flinched. I guess the roach decided to play dead and in doing so, my rosie probably just thought it was a loose leaf rolling around, so she webbed over it. {D

I got home yesterday to see just how much more of a molting mat she had made while I was at work and I was surprised to not see a huge layer of white in her tank. I was even more surprised to see this.

I bought her in October last year and she has not molted in my care. I also haven't attempt to mate her at all. I wouldn't doubt that she's WC, but how likely is it that this could be a fertile sac? Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

reverendsterlin

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
being a rosie it could very likely be WC and fertile, pull it here in a month and give it a look inside when you get ready to incubate it. And keep disturbance to a minimum. eaten egg sac really sucks and rosies need all the CB help they can get.
Rev

smof

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Nice photos! Good luck, hope it's fertile for you.

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Wow!!!! That is great!!! Yes, the sack could definitely be good. Grammostolas in general can take quite a while to lay a sack after mating.
Disturb her as little as possible and make sure her water dish stays full. Best of luck with the sack!!!!!!!!!!

Nathan Dorian

Arachnopeon
This is how I got my rosie! XD My sister's pet store rosie suddenly laid a sac of eggs.

So good luck!

GOMER113

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks for the replies, everyone. I'll be moving her to another shelf so that her tank doesn't get bumped and rattled while I'm feeding and watering my other Ts. Any advice on a feeding schedule between now and when I pull the sac? Thanks again!