My Roaches

SlugPod

Arachnoknight
Yeah, especially those of the rounder looking genera like Corydidarum, Therea, Ergaula, etc. :)
yep!
I love how their antenna look.
They kind of look like they're made of some kind of hard candy, too. So shiny.
Not that'd I'd take to eating baby roaches lol.

craze horse

Arachnosquire
Sorry to hijack a thread but are these mites too many ? I've around 10 fully grown hissers and 30 juveniles living happily together, and I've hardly noticed mites on them at all until I took this pic. 20170306_141308.jpg

craze horse

Arachnosquire
Lol I've 8 fully grown males, and I'm hoping a few females will appear out of all the young ! Very rarely see mites on the adults. And even then only 3-4. Not too concerned.......

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Lol I've 8 fully grown males, and I'm hoping a few females will appear out of all the young ! Very rarely see mites on the adults. And even then only 3-4. Not too concerned.......
That's a lot of males lol, hope you get some females soon! That's funny, usually I only saw noticeable numbers of mites on the adults, the nymphs are more flattened and don't provide as much surface area for the mites as the adults do.

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Just got a couple new species from @Lucanus95, really hope they breed well for me! :D

Compsodes schwarzi:
Presub-adult nymphs

Parcoblatta caudelli:
Large nymph

craze horse

Arachnosquire
That's a lot of males lol, hope you get some females soon! That's funny, usually I only saw noticeable numbers of mites on the adults, the nymphs are more flattened and don't provide as much surface area for the mites as the adults do.
It's like a bachelor party lol

skyvie

Arachnopeon
I'll just add my voice to the rest... This collection is awesome!! I've recently become extremely interested in roaches after keeping them as feeders for a couple of years. Tarantulas are addictive, but nothing like roaches LOL! :smug:

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
I'll just add my voice to the rest... This collection is awesome!! I've recently become extremely interested in roaches after keeping them as feeders for a couple of years. Tarantulas are addictive, but nothing like roaches LOL! :smug:
Thanks! :D That's how a lot of keepers get into the hobby, by keeping feeder species for their other pets. Keeping roaches is super addicting, and there are lots of new species entering the hobby each year, so there is a lot of variety as well! :)

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Arenivaga cf. genitalis:
Adult female

Cariblatta minima:
Adult female

Drymaplaneta semivitta:
Nymphs

Pycnoscelus surinamensis:
Adult male, (super rare and sterile)

Nymphs

Rhabdoblatta formosana