My Roaches

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Here are some better pictures of the Panchlora sp. "White"! In case anyone was wondering, the males are about two CM long, and the female is almost three.

Males

Female

I don't pop by this forum very much, but you my friend are clearly a wealth of information. Absolutely beautiful pictures and information throughout this thread, especially this quoted post. Those absolutely look photoshopped - my favorite kind of animal. Keep up the great work, I'll certainly be checking into this thread to see what other beauties you post.

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
I don't pop by this forum very much, but you my friend are clearly a wealth of information. Absolutely beautiful pictures and information throughout this thread, especially this quoted post. Those absolutely look photoshopped - my favorite kind of animal. Keep up the great work, I'll certainly be checking into this thread to see what other beauties you post.
Thank you very much, I appreciate it! :) Yeah the Panchlora look pretty unreal, very few roaches are as white as adults! :D They are a very stunning species.
Thanks, I certainly will keep on roaching, and I'll be sure to keep posting pictures of my collection here fairly often. ;)

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Pseudomops septentrionalis @ErinM31 gave me. :)
Male

Female with ootheca

A rather banged up individual I have affectionately named BP; "Broken Pseudomops".

Byrsotria fumigata:
Male

Gromphadorhina sp. "Hybrid":
Male

Corydidarum pygmaea:
Probably an adult female

Dorylaea orini:
Adult!!! :D

Gyna lurida:
Pretty whitish adult female I found

Panchlora sp. "White"
Males (This is now one of my favorite species in my collection)

Pycnoscelus sp. "Thailand"
Adult (This is what most of the adults in my colony look like)

ErinM31

Arachnogoddess
Arachnosupporter
It makes me happy to see your lovely photos of the brown Pseudomops as he was the first roach I ever caught and I got to see him freshly molted! :happy:
Pseudomops septentrionalis (3) freshly molted adult.JPG

Sorry about BP! Twas my first time packing roaches and I should have chilled them but I thought they would wish to hide among the paper towel folds of their shipping enclosure rather than try to dash across the floor! :eek: It was a challenge to get everyone in before closing the lid! But I learned my lesson and the merry band of Parcoblatta fulvescens I'm sending you tomorrow should arrive unscathed as I got them nice and chill before transfer. ;)

Your other roaches are really cool too, especially the Panchlora sp. "White" -- those are so elegantly beautiful! There are goblin roaches, right? Well these are the roaches of Lothlorien! :D

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
It makes me happy to see your lovely photos of the brown Pseudomops as he was the first roach I ever caught and I got to see him freshly molted! :happy:
View attachment 214360

Sorry about BP! Twas my first time packing roaches and I should have chilled them but I thought they would wish to hide among the paper towel folds of their shipping enclosure rather than try to dash across the floor! :eek: It was a challenge to get everyone in before closing the lid! But I learned my lesson and the merry band of Parcoblatta fulvescens I'm sending you tomorrow should arrive unscathed as I got them nice and chill before transfer. ;)

Your other roaches are really cool too, especially the Panchlora sp. "White" -- those are so elegantly beautiful! There are goblin roaches, right? Well these are the roaches of Lothlorien! :D
He's definitely a looker, thanks for giving him to me! :) Hopefully he'll help create a new generation of Pseudomops, would love to see more brown males like him!

No problem, BP seems to be doing very well, it's gonna take a lot more than that to kill her lol! :D
Can't wait to recive the P.fulvescens! :)

I know, I love photographing the Panchlora sp. "White", they are so beautiful! Lol, you are right, they do look like something that would live in Lothlorien. :)

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Some new roaches I got from @ErinM31 last week, finally got some pictures of them today! :)

Arenivaga bolliana:
Adult female

Subadult male

Parcoblatta fulvescens:
Adult female

Praxibetelix

Arachnosquire
That Arenivaga bolliana reminds me of a Horseshoe Crab. Such a fantastic collection of roaches you have!

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Got some new roach species from @Lucanus95/Alan, thanks again man! :)

Latiblattella rehni:
Small nymph

Cariblatta minima:
Adult female

And here is a picture of my adult pair of Corydidarum pygmaea snuggled up together: :embarrassed:

Last edited:

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
My female Paranauphoeta discoidalis female finally gave birth, so here are a few pictures of the little hatchlings! :D
Paranauphoeta discoidalis:
Hatchlings

My male Blaberus sp. "Venezuela" has matured, so here are some pictures of him as well.
Blaberus sp. "Venezuela":
Adult male

Hemiblabera tenebricosa:
Mating pair, (Male on the right)

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Balta notulata:
Young nymph (My camera has a really hard time photographing tiny inverts, so forgive me for the low quality pics):

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
The rest of the Therea olegrandjeani nymphs I ordered from @Bugs In Cyberspace matured a few weeks ago, here are some pictures of them! :)

Therea olegrandjeani:

My Therea petiveriana have been maturing as well, can't wait to get some offspring from them. :)

Therea petiveriana:

And here are the first captive reared Chorisoneura texensis ever, very happy to have bred this species successfully, hopefully another generation will follow. :)

Chorisoneura texensis:
Male grooming himself

Female

Parcoblatta fulvescens from @ErinM31:
Male
\

Nymphs

Parcoblatta zebra:
Male

Nymphs

Pseudomops septentrionalis hatchlings:

My original Panchlora sp. "White" female died due to unknown causes, however I was able to order two more from @wizentrop, they arrived yesterday, along with a free male. :) Hopefully these two will do better and reproduce for me!

Panchlora sp. "White":
Female

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
My Arenivaga bolliana male from @ErinM31 matured, and my "adult" female molted as well, hopefully she's mature now too. :)

Arenivaga bolliana:
Male

Female

Arenivaga cf. genitalis:
Male nymph

Female

Both of them together

ErinM31

Arachnogoddess
Arachnosupporter
My Arenivaga bolliana male from @ErinM31 matured, and my "adult" female molted as well, hopefully she's mature now too. :)
He's a handsome fellow! :D

It seems like one of my "adult" females is larger now too -- quite surprising since I found nymphs of varying size whereas I found three large females that were all the same size and didn't change in size. I shouldn't be surprised to learn they slow down as they reach maturity. Hopefully, you do indeed have a mature male and female now and will get plenty of ootheca! :happy:

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
He's a handsome fellow! :D

It seems like one of my "adult" females is larger now too -- quite surprising since I found nymphs of varying size whereas I found three large females that were all the same size and didn't change in size. I shouldn't be surprised to learn they slow down as they reach maturity. Hopefully, you do indeed have a mature male and female now and will get plenty of ootheca! :happy:
Yes he is! :)

I know, I totally thought she was mature, would have totally bet money on it, glad I didn't though lol! :p Yeah, they grow more slowly as they get older, so it can take quite some time for the older nymps to mature. Hopefully your females are either mature or close to maturing, and hopefully one of your other nymphs ends up being a male.

Panchlora sp. "White" Is very pretty. Does it fly?
Yeah, they are stunning! :D Yes they can fly, and they are very good at it. If they are frightened they'll either take off, or run up the sides of the enclosure, then if they reach the top they'll take off anyway. Makes it a little difficult to get pictures of them up close lol! Luckily I've found that if you lift their hides gently and slowly, they will usually just stay in their resting positions.

JumpingSpiderLady

Arachnobaron
Yeah, they are stunning! :D Yes they can fly, and they are very good at it. If they are frightened they'll either take off, or run up the sides of the enclosure, then if they reach the top they'll take off anyway. Makes it a little difficult to get pictures of them up close lol! Luckily I've found that if you lift their hides gently and slowly, they will usually just stay in their resting positions.
What do you do when they get out? Are they fairly easy to catch? I love the look of them, but I'm afraid of them flying off never to be seen again.
A separate, but related question you may know the answer to; Does the Simandoa cave roach (Simandoa conserfariam) fly? I've been having trouble finding out.

ErinM31

Arachnogoddess
Arachnosupporter
Yes he is! :)

I know, I totally thought she was mature, would have totally bet money on it, glad I didn't though lol! :p Yeah, they grow more slowly as they get older, so it can take quite some time for the older nymps to mature. Hopefully your females are either mature or close to maturing, and hopefully one of your other nymphs ends up being a male.
That male started off a good deal smaller than the females and yet they've matured around the same time. Is that typical in cockroaches? Do the males go through their entire life cycle at a faster rate? If so, then I'll bet that my question mark roach that out-grew the rest is a male. That will make keeping an established colony more difficult...

I am very glad that I sent you the male since we were mistaken about the females being mature (in which case they would have also been fertile after being housed with a male if they weren't already)! :happy: At least I live at the source and will see if I can find another male this weekend. ;)

Those Arenivaga cf. genitalis are lovely too! Are they much smaller than A. bolliana?

How are the Lothlorien Panchlora doing? :D