Dorylaea orini:
Nymph

Paranauphoeta discoidalis:
Adult female

The happy couple, (Male on the right)

ErinM31

Arachnogoddess
Arachnosupporter
Cool roaches! :) And the Paranauphoeta discoidalis are especially pretty!

Markemark

Arachnopeon
Some Blaberus species, Hemiblabera tenebricosa, and pretty much any Gromphadorhina species are all great for handling, and are big as well.

Many roaches have interesting behaviors, Lucihormetica create semi-permanent burrows in which to rear their young in, and Gromphadorhina males will head butt and hiss at each other when fighting over females. Corydidarum pygmaea females and nymphs resemble Armadillidium and will roll into balls, and Dorylaea orini will leap short distances to get from one hide to another, (or one hand to another). There is an almost endless diversity to the shapes, sizes and behaviors that roaches have! :)
Do giant cave roaches give live birth or drop there ootheca because I have some that have dropped two and was wondering the chance of survival

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Do giant cave roaches give live birth or drop there ootheca because I have some that have dropped two and was wondering the chance of survival
They give live birth, so unfortunately yours have aborted their eggs, sorry. :( There is pretty much no chance of survival. Are you feeding them fruits? Live bearing roaches need to regularly have fruits in their diet, otherwise they'll abort their ootheca all the time.

Markemark

Arachnopeon
They give live birth, so unfortunately yours have aborted their eggs, sorry. :( There is pretty much no chance of survival. Are you feeding them fruits? Live bearing roaches need to regularly have fruits in their diet, otherwise they'll abort their ootheca all the time.
Yeah I feed them carrots bananas celery and strawberries sometimes what would be the proper diet and I have a hissing colony to that I'm trying to start and both of them get the same things thanks for the quick reply

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Yeah I feed them carrots bananas celery and strawberries sometimes what would be the proper diet and I have a hissing colony to that I'm trying to start and both of them get the same things thanks for the quick reply
Hmm, that sounds like a pretty good diet, as long as they are getting the fruit regularly. In my experience roaches don't love strawberries, so I would replace them with someone like apples, still maybe yours do.

How is the humidity in the cage? Blaberus giganteus like it quite humid. Gromphadorhina like it much drier though.

Markemark

Arachnopeon
Hmm, that sounds like a pretty good diet, as long as they are getting the fruit regularly. In my experience roaches don't love strawberries, so I would replace them with someone like apples, still maybe yours do.

How is the humidity in the cage? Blaberus giganteus like it quite humid. Gromphadorhina like it much drier though.
Great I will change it to apples and my humidity I'm not to sure there's no condensation on the inside but the coco fiber dirt is still moist and they have plenty of water to drink

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Great I will change it to apples and my humidity I'm not to sure there's no condensation on the inside but the coco fiber dirt is still moist and they have plenty of water to drink
Well your conditions sound pretty good, hope your roaches give birth for you soon!

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
One of my male Corydidarum pygmaea matured, which is actually kinda bad news, as my females are not especially close to maturation and the males have a pretty short lifespan...

Anyway, here are some pictures:
Adult male

Female nymph

ErinM31

Arachnogoddess
Arachnosupporter
One of my male Corydidarum pygmaea matured, which is actually kinda bad news, as my females are not especially close to maturation and the males have a pretty short lifespan...

Anyway, here are some pictures:
Adult male

Female nymph

Is there anyway you could keep him at a lower temperature and at least some of the females at a higher temperature and powerfeed? Easier said than done without incubators, I know, but perhaps you could find places around your home and a few degrees might make the difference!

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Is there anyway you could keep him at a lower temperature and at least some of the females at a higher temperature and powerfeed? Easier said than done without incubators, I know, but perhaps you could find places around your home and a few degrees might make the difference!
Oops, didn't mention it on this forum but yes, I'll be keeping the males at room temperature, like they have been since I got them, but I'll be moving my females to a different enclosure on top of my heat cable, hopefully the females will grow much faster and will mature within my male's lifespan. :)

Apparently this is a somewhat common problem with this species, males grow twice as fast as females and can die before they get a chance to mate.

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Pseudomops septentrionalis, my last pair:
Female

Male

African Bullet Roach:
Male

Therea petiveriana:
Female

ErinM31

Arachnogoddess
Arachnosupporter
Aww, you'll soon have more Pseudomops septentrionalis!

And I love those round roaches! :happy: I can't wait for my Rorschach roaches to mature! :p

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Aww, you'll soon have more Pseudomops septentrionalis!

And I love those round roaches! :happy: I can't wait for my Rorschach roaches to mature! :p
Yep, I sure will! ;)
Haha, give yours another year or so and they should be mature lol! :D The development time for Therea is crazy!

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Just got these from @wizentrop, and they are beautiful! Really hope they do well for me! :D These are some crappy pics, I will definitely try to get some better ones soon though!

Panchlora sp. "White":
Female

Male

ErinM31

Arachnogoddess
Arachnosupporter
Just got these from @wizentrop, and they are beautiful! Really hope they do well for me! :D These are some crappy pics, I will definitely try to get some better ones soon though!

Panchlora sp. "White":
Female

Male

Very elegant! :) I hope they do well for you too!

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Here are some better pictures of the Panchlora sp. "White"! In case anyone was wondering, the males are about two CM long, and the female is almost three.

Males

Female