My Roaches

VolkswagenBug

Arachnobaron
Here are some pictures of my roaches! :)

Blaberus atropos, (these guys have quite variable pronotum patterns):

Byrsotria sp. "Cuba":
Female

Male

Chorisoneura texensis:

Ergaula capucina:
Female

Male

Somewhat freshly molted male
I now need Blaberus atropos badly. :wideyed:

VolkswagenBug

Arachnobaron
They are very nice, very prolific too though, I ended up getting rid of mine, because I had too many of them and both to feed them to.
I'm alright with that, I don't breed my roaches. I usually just have 1 or 2 of each species in separate cages because of house rules. It lets me get a bunch of different species without spending money on having a colony running. Plus, I don't have any predators to feed excess roaches to except for one vinegaroon, and they aren't exactly voracious. :p

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Anallacta methanoides:
The nymphs are getting bigger! :)

Dorylaea orini:
Small nymphs

Arenivaga tonkawa:
Adult male

Gyna caffrorum:
Adult males chowing down on some banana. :)

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Will you be selling nymphs when it hatches? I would really like to have this species.
If they hatch and I end up with enough to sell off, then yes, I will, though I'll likely try trading some off for other roaches before I put any up for sale. We'll see if these ooths are even fertile though...

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Drymaplaneta semivitta:
Normal sized ootheca! :D

Panchlora sp. "Speckled":
Adult female

Panchlora sp. "White":
Adult female

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
Balta vilis:
Adult

Hormetica apolinari:
NEW to culture! :D From @wizentrop
Medium sized nymph

Lanxoblatta rudis:
NEW to culture! (Also from @wizentrop)
Large nymph

Adult male

I absolutely adore those Lanxoblatta rudis. That splotched color on the nymphs look incredible! ;) The adults look cool too with the blood red base color. Just to ask, how are those breeding and in what conditions? Super interested, wondering if a beginner like me could dream of succeeding with them :)

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
I absolutely adore those Lanxoblatta rudis. That splotched color on the nymphs look incredible! ;) The adults look cool too with the blood red base color. Just to ask, how are those breeding and in what conditions? Super interested, wondering if a beginner like me could dream of succeeding with them :)
The nymphs are so cool looking, and blend in VERY well with bark, such incredible little things! :D
Unfortunately my camera did distort the color of the adult male a little bit, they are a very dark maroon color in real life, not quite as bright colored as my photos make them out to be. Still very pretty IMO though. :)

Well I just received mine today, so they haven't bred for me yet! From what Wizentrop has said about their care though, they are a species for the intermediate keeper. They need lots of vertical smooth bark hides of course, and they only seem to eat fruits in captivity. High humidity and limited ventilation is needed, and the females have a long gestation period. The enclosure should also be at least 10 inches tall, and with a good amount of room, since these don't like being crowded. So not CRAZY difficult to keep, but not the easiest roach species either.

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Anallacta methanoides:
Adult male

Drymaplaneta semivitta:
Adult female laying ootheca

Panchlora sp. "White":
Newborn nymphs! :D

Ischnoptera deropeltiformis "Ruby Red":
Adult male

Eurycotis lixa:
Adult male

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
This may sound corny but I think it is so cool that people find an interest and go with it like this. I mean in the culture with live in, roaches are bad and scary, then some people get interested in them and the perception turns into thinking almost everybody else is, hate to say it, but ignorant and sort of brainwashed about roaches and about so many other things, worrying about being judged, too bad so many feel that way imo. I'm not saying I don't have my problems, just sayin!