My Rehousing work for my Avicularia

Tanco

Arachnopeon
Hey sorry about the last post if you saw it. I posted and did not realize that it belongs in this thread. Anyways today I rehoused my Avicularia any thoughts or comments are much appreciated! also compliments too! it took a little bit to put it together and wanted to know if its a job well done. Im new to the hobby also btw so don't judge too harshley as well lol.

Attachments

The Seraph

Arachnolord
Hey sorry about the last post if you saw it. I posted and did not realize that it belongs in this thread. Anyways today I rehoused my Avicularia any thoughts or comments are much appreciated! also compliments too! it took a little bit to put it together and wanted to know if its a job well done. Im new to the hobby also btw so don't judge too harshley as well lol.
My suggestion would be to get rid of the live plants as Avicularia are prone to dying in stuffy conditions and having to water those plants will make conditions stuffy.

Tanco

Arachnopeon
She/he seems more active now that the bamboo is gone haha nice tip also ive been doing a good job with humility (never really been spraying just letting my moist substrate and water dish do its thing) and temp hopefully i get to see her/him web this new setup. But ya i think according to the link you sent me it should be more than enough for her thank you!

Thekla

Arachnoprince
I think it looks really nice now that the real plant is gone. ;)

Two things of concern though:

1. You don't need/want moist substrate, let it dry out. The water dish should be enough for drinking. If you see that it won't come down for drinking (some Avics don't), then you can drop a bit of water to the sides or web (once she has webbed).

2. Replace the mesh lid with an acrylic sheet with holes drilled into it. Although opinions and experiences are different, they can get stuck with their tarsal claws in the mesh and lose legs or even worse. There're tutorials on here how to do that.

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
I agree with @Thekla , I would get rid of the wire mesh, you can cut a piece of acrylic and make holes in it.

Tanco

Arachnopeon
Sweet! Thanks for the inputs guys! I dont have have any acrylic lol but do craft stores sell it potentially?

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
Sweet! Thanks for the inputs guys! I dont have have any acrylic lol but do craft stores sell it potentially?
Any lowes or home depot will sell it, most will even cut you the size you need.