My recently matured male GBB

Grenn

Arachnopeon
My male Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens moulted last week and has hooked out all mature.

I meant to rehouse him prior to this moult as he was slightly too big for his enclosure but he's definitely outgrown it now. He's now about 4.5-5" DLS and the enclosure is 8" square.

He doesn't look uncomfortable in there. I'm sure people know how GBB males are 'mostly legs', so when he's just sat normally he seems to take up about 3.5" space.

I'm aware he probably has less than a year or so, is rehousing still important? I do have a larger enclosure for him but how long should I wait before rehousing? It's been about 8 days since he shed but he's still not eating, so presumably I certainly at least wait until he's eating again.

What would be the best way to find someone else in the UK with a female who might be interested in my leggy fella? I'm happy to keep him for the remainder of his life but also feel like I'd like him to fulfil his biological imperative if I can!

Phases

Arachnoknight
I'd still rehouse if you have what you need available not and foreseeable needed in near future. Part of the fun of GBB is seeing what they do with their massive webbing, and no one likes to be cramped. Make it a good year!

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
If you have Facebook then try any of the UK based tarantula groups on there, I sold off my MM P. cambridgei pretty quickly on there, not having as much luck with my MM E. cyanognathus though.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
If you have Facebook then try any of the UK based tarantula groups on there, I sold off my MM P. cambridgei pretty quickly on there, not having as much luck with my MM E. cyanognathus though.
Unfortunately, this is what happens. P.cambridgei are easy to breed, 0.1 are pretty fertile, often they double clutch = a P.cambridgei sling since forever has written 'frebie' all over the place, and (cheaper) 'frebie/s' are something that sellers loves to give to their customers.

E.cyanognathus, interesting, quite (well, sorta) prized spider. Not easy to breed like 'OBT' or P.cambridgei are, and I'm certain that almost no one would give away those slings as 'frebies' for a £20/30 purchase.

A shame, because what we need more, actually, as a whole market at 360°, is the breeding of those kind of T's.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
What would be the best way to find someone else in the UK with a female who might be interested in my leggy fella? I'm happy to keep him for the remainder of his life but also feel like I'd like him to fulfil his biological imperative if I can!
You can also post on Invertsonals or For Sale/Trade/Want to Buy (either by purchasing classifieds access for $5 or by becoming an active member).

If you want to post in the classifieds section, you must create a review page for yourself before posting.