My Pystalla horrida

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Planning on buying a few, idk what species the pet store got, but assassins are the cutest creatures alive IMO. CAN'T WAIT TO GET SOME BOI.
Cool, hope you are able to get some! :)

That's pretty high ! I got mine for 4.50€(5.28$) each. I have two faunariums with 7 each. Must be hard to get them to USA :\
About the substract is good to put a thin layer of sand or peat, no matter if they are young or adult. If you choose a substract more humid put some isopods or colembolos to kill the mites and to clean the substract.
Message me if you have some issues.
They were first kept in Europe, and then recently made their way over to the US, so they are harder to find here than in Europe, but they are getting more and more common now, as more people breed them. :)

Mine have done great without substrate so far, I know I'll have to put substrate in their enclosure once they mature though, so that the eggs the females lay don't dry out. Many people who breed this species keep the nymphs without substrate, and they do very well, they get all the moisture they need from their prey, and they never seem to crawl across the ground anyway if they can help it.

Salmonsaladsandwich

Arachnolord
I was wondering when these were going to molt! What temperature have you been keeping them at?

I've noticed a long premolt period in my P. biguttatus subadults but not quite this long.

Last edited:

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
stunning! the king of the assassins.
Yeah, definitely one of the most stunning inverts in the hobby! :D

I was wondering when these were going to molt! What temperature have you been keeping them at?

I've noticed a long premolt period in my P. biguttatus subadults but not quite this long.
I keep them at room temperature, which in my room is usually the mid 70s. None of the other instars had such a long pre-molt period, so I've been quite worried about these guys! Thankfully it was just a really lengthy pre-molt period, not a newfound aversion to the prey I offer them or the hides they are using! :)