My Pystalla horrida

JavaJacketOC

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Cute assassins! I always worry about cannibalism with them, nice to hear it's not very prevalent.

VolkswagenBug

Arachnobaron
I love how spiky they are! This is one of my favorite assassin species, only beaten out by Pselliopus cinctus.

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
I love how spiky they are! This is one of my favorite assassin species, only beaten out by Pselliopus cinctus.
Yeah, I love all the spikes on them, I really can't wait to see the adults in person! :D P.cinctus are pretty cool too, wonder if they can easily be bred in captivity or not?

I would love to keep these guys some day
Hopefully you'll get the chance to obtain these one day, they are awesome!

VolkswagenBug

Arachnobaron
Yeah, I love all the spikes on them, I really can't wait to see the adults in person! :D P.cinctus are pretty cool too, wonder if they can easily be bred in captivity or not?
I want to try at some point, but I can't easily acquire any, since they aren't sold on the net (as far as I can tell), and I live on the wrong side of the US.
I'm waiting for when this south american Zelurus species enters the hobby. It's a tarantula hawk mimic!

I hadn't seen that one before, but that's amazing.

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
I'm waiting for when this south american Zelurus species enters the hobby. It's a tarantula hawk mimic!

I've seen several pictures of that species before, they are so cool! The nymphs apparently cover themselves in debris like the common "Masked Hunter" assassin bugs. :) I really hope they make their way into culture at one point...

I want to try at some point, but I can't easily acquire any, since they aren't sold on the net (as far as I can tell), and I live on the wrong side of the US.
Maybe you can try asking hobbyists that live in states that P.cinctus can be found in if they'll collect any for you? Like @Salmonsaladsandwich for example! :p

VolkswagenBug

Arachnobaron
I've seen several pictures of that species before, they are so cool! The nymphs apparently cover themselves in debris like the common "Masked Hunter" assassin bugs. :) I really hope they make their way into culture at one point...

Maybe you can try asking hobbyists that live in states that P.cinctus can be found in if they'll collect any for you? Like @Salmonsaladsandwich for example! :p
I don't have any spare money for bugs right now, I'd ask on the Classifieds otherwise. :/

VolkswagenBug

Arachnobaron
Aww, sorry to hear that, I know what that's like for sure! Hope you can get some one day, they look like neat little assassins! :)
Thanks, I appreciate it. I'm a sucker for any bug with black and white striping, so they were an instant hit for me, especially since I love true bugs.

MatisIsLoveMantisIsLyf

Arachnobaron
Planning on buying a few, idk what species the pet store got, but assassins are the cutest creatures alive IMO. CAN'T WAIT TO GET SOME BOI.

tecnoPod

Arachnopeon
Haha they don't even like going after Parcoblatta nymphs, and they

Usually individuals go for $20+, but @Lucanus95 was selling L1 nymphs for $15 each, needless to say, he sold out pretty fast.
That's pretty high ! I got mine for 4.50€(5.28$) each. I have two faunariums with 7 each. Must be hard to get them to USA :\
About the substract is good to put a thin layer of sand or peat, no matter if they are young or adult. If you choose a substract more humid put some isopods or colembolos to kill the mites and to clean the substract.
Message me if you have some issues.