My prized chameleon! pic heavy

Pssh

Arachnoknight
For those of you that know chameleons, yes, he is very small for his species. He is a panther chameleon (F. pardalis) of the Sambava locale. I have some eggs from him and one of his ladies cooking that I hope will hatch soon. He shows absolutely amazing colors and is a great example of the Sambava locale (except for his size. They are know for being some of the largest panther chameleons.) He has an unusually white throat. Some of the following pictures are lame cell phone pictures.

This one is blurry, but it shows some amazing colors!

Lolita

Arachnoknight
makes me miss my panther chameleon he's definitely a cute little guy though

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
What do the different colors mean?
If you mean the red/orange/yellow color it has in some pics, I believe that is how the chameleon tries to intimidate potential predators when it feels threatened or upset. Bright, colorful animals are usually poisonous, but take that with a grain of salt. I haven't done much research in that, but that is what I have heard from a lot of people :D

schmiggle

Arachnoking
If you mean the red/orange/yellow color it has in some pics, I believe that is how the chameleon tries to intimidate potential predators when it feels threatened or upset. Bright, colorful animals are usually poisonous, but take that with a grain of salt. I haven't done much research in that, but that is what I have heard from a lot of people :D
Chameleons aren't poisonous, but the colors do show mood.

FYI this is a necro thread.

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
Chameleons aren't poisonous, but the colors do show mood.

FYI this is a necro thread.
True, it really is. Didn't notice :D Also, didn't mean that they were poisonous. Just thiught that many animals that are tend to be bright, vibrant shades of red/blue/green. Figured there may be some purpose like that behind it ;)

schmiggle

Arachnoking
True, it really is. Didn't notice :D Also, didn't mean that they were poisonous. Just thiught that many animals that are tend to be bright, vibrant shades of red/blue/green. Figured there may be some purpose like that behind it ;)
There almost always is. It's often sexual display or mimicry of some kind, and in the case of honey badgers (and possibly normal badgers? unsure) it's essentially the same as the poison coloring but it illustrates their aggressiveness rather than toxins.

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
There almost always is. It's often sexual display or mimicry of some kind, and in the case of honey badgers (and possibly normal badgers? unsure) it's essentially the same as the poison coloring but it illustrates their aggressiveness rather than toxins.
Got it, thanks for the info :D