My Princess is Coming Soon

bryverine

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
No, I'm not getting a mail-order bride.

I ordered a 4-5" P. muticus and she should be in between Monday and Wednesday!

I accidentally placed the order online where apparently in some online tarantula stores "proceed to payment" means "make payment". My wife said it was fine though! I may have to make more accidental purchases in the future...

Question:
So I was wondering what the best way to get her used to being handled. If I do it daily, will she get into a routine?

Only reason I ask is because I'd like her to model some formal wear I designed.

IMG_20160227_211514.jpg

I don't want to hear about how revealing it is, it's what is chique in our society now.

AlbatrossWarrior

Arachnosquire
I don't think a Muticus could ever get used to being handled, tbh. xD But if you can get her to model, man, that is showing off a little too much hair, don't you think? People these days, what happened to the classy, tuxedo wearing spiders?

Chris11

ArachnoBat
I hope you are ready for what youve brought yourself unto.... i meant unto and not into. Your life IS going to change. You are on the path to Enlightenment and are obviously willing to accept it. Respect Her swords, They will show you the way if They must. Be vigilant in your endeavours.... and make haste in your preperations. PBUH!!!!! Hissing-A-Go-Go!!!

cold blood

Staff member
You are nuts, I'm going to have the mods look into your and LXXIX's accounts, I'm certain you are the same user with a different name.:happy:

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Great choice! P.mut is a must have in allmost every collection.

If housed optimally be prepared to feed a hole and go months not knowing if its dead or in premolt!

I raised one on about 5 inches of soil with a split hollow log for a hide. She did well but I still couldn't see her with all the webbing.
Imo with this species you might as well give them the 10--20 inches of soil so they can make a proper burrow. No matter how you set them up you won't see them very often.

bryverine

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Do any research before placing the order?
Pft... Research?... I'll do research AFTER I get her home.

Just kidding.

Yes, I've done quite a bit including, but not limited to, reading stories, threads, bite reports, rehousing videos, asked for a blessing from the order, etc. I was only joking about holding her.

I'm a very hands off, long tweezers, lid only ever partially opened (if I can help it) kind of guy.

I have a 10" cubed (ID) enclosure that will be filled basically to the top with substrate. I'll post pictures when it's ready.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
My H gigas is a coward who hides from everything
That's 100% true. Hysterocrates gigas are IMO incredibly more shy and easy to spook if compared to the 'Queen'. Not an adult 0.1 'Queen Baboon'. My baby hiss and bite everytime she's pissed off, meaning even for picking a dubia for eat :)

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Pelinobius muticus 0.1 'Queen Baboon' PBUH (Peace Be Upon Her) is the ultimate Metal Gear, an 8 legged walking Theraphosidae able to hiss and destroy everything that moves u_u

AlbatrossWarrior

Arachnosquire
My baby hiss and bite everytime she's pissed off, meaning even for picking a dubia for eat :)
In her eyes, the dubia may as well be a rival king trying to take out her kingdom, that is unacceptable! She is hissing at him to give him a piece of her mind before she slays him

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
Goddess 'Queen Baboon' PBUH (Peace Be Upon Her) Holy armor + this = Epic Win

You should consider this song as your Queen Baboon "anthem". It is an old Scandinavian song originally from the medieval ages (from Sweden, unfortunately) and the lyrics is about a pagan female Troll who wants to bring a Christian man into the dirt by marriage. She offers him all sorts gifts, such as a gilded sword made out of fifteen gold rings, but he refuses as she is a pagan infidel. This version of the song is from a German group, but they have translated the lyrics from Swedish to Italian for some reason:
I assume both yourself and your P. muticus will like it very much :)

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
You should consider this song as your Queen Baboon "anthem". It is an old Scandinavian song originally from the medieval ages (from Sweden, unfortunately) and the lyrics is about a pagan female Troll who wants to bring a Christian man into the dirt by marriage. She offers him all sorts gifts, such as a gilded sword made out of fifteen gold rings, but he refuses as she is a pagan infidel. This version of the song is from a German group, but they have translated the lyrics from Swedish to Italian for some reason:
I assume both yourself and your P. muticus will like it very much :)
I remember that song, ah ah ah! listened time ago on RBN (Radio Bandiera Nera, meaning, Black Flag Radio) true! I love her voice btw and Northern legends tales.

Another great song for the 'Queen Baboon' could be this, from Russia, her (Queen Baboon) rise and then the defeat of infidels horde attempting to our peaceful lifes, guilty only of our Goddess traditional hissing cult.
She helps us, the Hissing Wisdom Priests, into battle ;-)

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
I remember that song, ah ah ah! listened time ago on RBN (Radio Bandiera Nera, meaning, Black Flag Radio) true! I love her voice btw and Northern legends tales.

Another great song for the 'Queen Baboon' could be this, from Russia, her (Queen Baboon) rise and then the defeat of infidels horde attempting to our peaceful lifes, guilty only of our Goddess traditional hissing cult.
She helps us, the Hissing Wisdom Priests, into battle ;-)

Ahhh, Russia :kiss:! Of all our neighbouring countries Russia is my favourite by far! Even though we are forced by NATO to be on the dark and evil side of politics, Russians and Norwegians are good friends on a personal level. As an Orthodox Christian I can easily get the papers from my Church to make getting a visa to Russia a simple formality. If you ever get the chance to go there you should. Moscow is a great (but a little expensive) and St. Petersburg is even greater IMO :D

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Ahhh, Russia :kiss:! Of all our neighbouring countries Russia is my favourite by far! Even though we are forced by NATO to be on the dark and evil side of politics, Russians and Norwegians are good friends on a personal level. As an Orthodox Christian I can easily get the papers from my Church to make getting a visa to Russia a simple formality. If you ever get the chance to go there you should. Moscow is a great (but a little expensive) and St. Petersburg is even greater IMO :D
Eh, my friend, you can say that :-(
Same here, NATO is a disgrace and Italy loves to join/enter into disgraces, war for oils, shady affairs etc
I love Russia as well, and i'm happy to notice that, after decades and decades of evildoers, there's a (bad viewed, of course) return to Mother Russia glory.
Never been to Russia but indeed St. Petersburg, Archangel, Moscow... i particularly love also the Asian part, more mysterious, where shamans lived, and places like Vladivostok.
Btw Russia is the homeland of one of my heroes, Roman von Ungern-Sternberg, Unger Khan, the man who rescued the Bogd Khan in Urga, killed by the butchering reds at the end.

bryverine

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
So I seriously underestimated how much substrate to get. My girl will be in tomorrow, but before she arrives, I'll need to buy another brick... Sheesh...

IMG_20160229_230453.jpg

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
So I seriously underestimated how much substrate to get. My girl will be in tomorrow, but before she arrives, I'll need to buy another brick... Sheesh...
How do you plan on getting the substrate from a brick dry in one day?