My newly bought desert scorpion dying? Any help please?

hadago

Arachnopeon
My Urodacus yaschenkoi that I received only two days ago began some strange behaviour yesterday. It would walk around the enclosure then flip upside down, the scorpion continued this for the entire day. While the other desert scorpion I also got instead began digging tunnels. Both of them ate the first day I got them. What on earth is happening to it?
thumbnail_IMG_3271.jpg
I thought it had died i checked back a few minutes later and he had moved from the middle of the container to the side.
thumbnail_IMG_3272.jpg
Any thoughts?

Last edited:

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
My Urodacus yaschenkoi that I received only two days ago began some strange behaviour yesterday. It would walk around the enclosure then flip upside down, the scorpion continued this for the entire day. While the other desert scorpion I also got instead began digging tunnels. Both of them ate the first day I got them. What on earth is happening to it?

I thought it had died i checked back a few minutes later and he had moved from the middle of the container to the side.

Any thoughts?
Your images are not working.

Is this a wild caught specimen?

Poison? Neurological disorder? Hard to say without images. See if you can get them to work.

hadago

Arachnopeon
I would have thought attempting to molt but it does not look close to one. What are the conditions it is being kept in?
The enclosure has a deep layer of coco peat and sand with a thin top layer of sand, I also thought the scorpion may be attempting to molt so i also misted about half of the enclosure incase it required that. The deep layer of coco peat and sand is also moist.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
The enclosure has a deep layer of coco peat and sand with a thin top layer of sand, I also thought the scorpion may be attempting to molt so i also misted about half of the enclosure incase it required that. The deep layer of coco peat and sand is also moist.
That is too much moisture

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
Where’d you get the leaf from? If wild coected it could harbor some pesticides.

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
Where’d you get the leaf from? If wild coected it could harbor some pesticides.
If the scorpion is not wild caught it's probably been exposed to household chemicals,airoslls etc or exposed to UV lighting, blacklights etc.