1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My new tattoo design

Discussion in 'Insects, Other Invertebrates & Arthropods' started by Vfox, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Vfox

Vfox Arachnobaron

PA
    Advertisement
    Sorry if this isn't exactly the right spot for this, but it's related to the forum I guess, lol. Anyway, I've been planning on a back/shoulder tattoo involving insects/arachnids for the past few years. Well I finally got the outline work started today and will get background and shading work started next week. What do you guys think? Does anyone have any related tattoos to share? I love ink and this is just a permanence of my obsession with the invertebrates of our world.

[​IMG]

2. Very nice. You have a good tat guy (girl?). But...where's the tarantula?!?!?! :tongue:

3. spydrhunter1

spydrhunter1 Arachnolord Old Timer

Nice work...did you do the design yourself? Been thinking of getting a bug tattoo for awhile now.

4. Vfox

Vfox Arachnobaron

PA
    Haha, well believe it or not I don't own any tarantulas. D: It's one of the few critters my wife refuses to allow in the house...I think the wolf spider infestation we deal with each fall kind of ruined spiders for her.

As for the design, I planned it out and my tattoo artist drew it out. I'm an artist and I do work with insects quite often but I left it to him because I love his style of insect paintings he does.

www.blantonamspacher.artworkfolio.com if you want to see my stuff.

5. Spam010

Spam010 Arachnosquire

Iowa
    Nice, I like the scorpion

6. Vfox

Vfox Arachnobaron

PA
    Okay, a bit of an update. In two weeks I will be getting some color done. Yes it's pretty raw looking there but I assure you it's gray ink just like the rest of the outline, lol. :p

[​IMG]

7. Vfox

Vfox Arachnobaron

PA
    I just got more of the shading finished today. I thought we were going to do color but I know nothing of the tattoo process for shading color obviously, lol. I am getting the critters colored in two weeks and the background after that. Woot.

[​IMG]

8. Martin H.

Martin H. Arachnoangel Old Timer

That bee looks already amazing!

9. Hendersoniana

Hendersoniana Arachnoangel

NL
    Nice nice! Love the shadings! I was thinking of getting a pede tattoo down my entire arm or a scorp metasoma down my spine. But i decided not too haha!

10. pavel

pavel Arachnobaron

MI
    Not into tats, myself. However, your tat artist has done an excellant job on the bee and the scorp is looking good as well. :)

[​IMG]

11. Vfox

Vfox Arachnobaron

PA
    Thanks guys. My back is sore but it's worth it! :)

12. Travis K

Travis K TravIsGinger

At first I was not a big fan of your tat, but I am changing my mind now that you have more detail added. It is looking to be a very good tat.

13. zonbonzovi

zonbonzovi Creeping beneath you Staff Member

That's a big piece! I dig your unholy 'triumvirate' of inverts theme. The shadowing looks tight. Can't wait to see the finished product. I'm finishing up a centipede tat this weekend and will update later...

14. Vfox

Vfox Arachnobaron

PA
    Yeah I saw the outline on the other thread, it's killer man.

15. Gretchen

Gretchen Arachnopeon

I love watching the transformation! Beautiful tat work. It will be a masterpiece when it is done! :alien:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Vfox

Vfox Arachnobaron

PA
    Update with the animals colored. I have a few more sittings to go but that is going to wait until after the holidays.

[​IMG]

17. muffy

muffy Arachnopeon

love the shading, like it better in black and gray but thats just my style :) looks great, keep goin!

18. spydrhunter1

spydrhunter1 Arachnolord Old Timer

19. lizardminion

lizardminion Arachnolord

I liked them better without the new colors. But that's still pretty badass, and I'm sure my mind will change once I see the finished product.
    Damn, the Cockroach design is amazing!

20. pavel

pavel Arachnobaron

MI
    I like the bee better before the yellow was added. The coloring did add to the roach and scorp, however. Interesting to see how the images changed when the new color(s) was added on (top of?) the the prior coloration.