my new pet and first meal!

dirk14

Arachnosquire
Old Timer

for the kill

still setting up his terrarium thats y he's still there in that small container...
will be transferring him in a while...

dirk14

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
:? wats not right? if its the enclosure a already put him in a 20 gal .. tank after his meal.. in a more spacious enviroment..

Last edited:

Prymal

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Dirk-

BL - many people find photographs (movies, etc.) of scorpions feeding on LIVING vertebrate prey repulsive and unsettling - in the proverbial nutshell!

Luc

drapion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I dont mind,but most people do.By the way thats a nice looking Heterometrus spp.Do you know what it is.To me it looks like a H.spinifer

Last edited:

dirk14

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
supplier told me its spinifer... anyway guys i just tried feeding it if it would accept wen it arrived... sorry if u guys find it repulsive didnt hav an invert in hand i had to make do with a gecko..

Prymal

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Dirk-

Don't bother me much as I keep racers (Coluber) and they relish such treats as young birds, lizards, frogs, small snakes, etc. However, if you're going to feed vertebrate prey to your scorps, do it sparingly as in the wild their diet is primarily based upon invertebrate prey, with a vertebrate meal probably being few and far between.

Luc

Hoosier

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I feel really bad for the gecko. Just look at its expression and bloody tail as it's about to be consumed by the emp. I guess its the circle of life...

dirk14

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Barkscorpions said:
Dirk-

Don't bother me much as I keep racers (Coluber) and they relish such treats as young birds, lizards, frogs, small snakes, etc. However, if you're going to feed vertebrate prey to your scorps, do it sparingly as in the wild their diet is primarily based upon invertebrate prey, with a vertebrate meal probably being few and far between.

Luc
thanks for the info...
was wonderin is it ok to feed milk to them instead of water in the cotton ball... i use to do this br to my spiders..

prang11

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Scorps + Milk.... errrrr :?

Probably not a good idea :embarrassed:

ScorpDemon

ArachnoScorpion
Old Timer
surprising.. very surprising.. in a good way though..
hey dirk, where are you from.. i might be interested in acquiring some of those geckos from your ceiling.. maybe we can cut a deal?

FortCooper1982

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It's just the fact there in such a small tub that upset's me a little, kinda makes me think it's for your personal pleasure rarther than the scorp's well being! H Spinifer is a pretty good bet! Did it sting the Gecko? Nice scorp tho, enjoy!

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Don't use a cotton ball and definitely do not use milk...talk about a perfect breeding ground for bacteria!

John
];')