My new Hybino Leo, and some questions about proper husbandry

EmilzHernandez

Arachnosquire
Hi!

After a long time, I decided I would try to keep a Leopard Gecko again. I purchased a baby Hybino (who I have named Penelope), and she is just adorable beyond belief. Currently, I'm feeding her calcium dusted mealworms and small dub. I am curious to know, is it true that I can properly keep her in a 10 gal with just a heating pad for warmth, no heat lamp necessary? The current set-up she's in is a 10 gallon tank with an eco carpet, a food bowl with calcium dusted prey, a water bowl, a hide that is over the heating pad, and a humidity box on on the cool side. The lid is screen. Her temps are 80ºF in the day, 75ºF at night. I have neither a UVB nor a heat lamp on the enclosure. Is this proper? I'll post a picture of the enclosure later. IMG_2327.jpeg

TarantulaBella

Arachnopeon
Everything sounds good, I would raise the temps to 90 ish on the hot side. No extra lighting is nessesary. Make sure she gets vitamins as well as calcium, less often though. If u need more detailed info just ask.

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
For now a 10gal is fine, but once she grows some you'll want to upgrade to a bigger tank. The temperature should be in the 89-92 degree range at ground level on the hot side. The humid hide should be moved somewhere in the middle of the temperature gradient. Instead of lighting, you can use a ceramic heat emitter for supplemental heat.
She is adorable :)

1Lord Of Ants1

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Unless you're keeping giants/super giants, 10 gallons per gecko is all you'll ever need. That's not to say a single gecko won't utilize more space.

EmilzHernandez

Arachnosquire
Thanks for the help everyone! @CWilson1351 I got her from Jabberwock! I was told she may be a temper hybino, does that look the case? And if so, I want to know what adults look like, I can't seem to find any pics

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
Thanks for the help everyone! @CWilson1351 I got her from Jabberwock! I was told she may be a temper hybino, does that look the case? And if so, I want to know what adults look like, I can't seem to find any pics
Certainly looks like a Hybino, I always have a hard time telling the difference between Bell and Tremper Albino though. I will say that I trust everyone I've met at Jabberwock. You could try geckosetc, they have a bunch of different morphs and might have a Tremper Hybino.

EmilzHernandez

Arachnosquire
Certainly looks like a Hybino, I always have a hard time telling the difference between Bell and Tremper Albino though. I will say that I trust everyone I've met at Jabberwock. You could try geckosetc, they have a bunch of different morphs and might have a Tremper Hybino.
I just checked, no luck :( I was doing some looking, bell hybinos are generally a bit more orange. Any other good sources? I'm at a loss, haha.

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
I just checked, no luck :( I was doing some looking, bell hybinos are generally a bit more orange. Any other good sources? I'm at a loss, haha.
Yeah, the hypo half of Hybino Bell's changes things in a weird way. I suppose you could try digging around on Geckosunlimited. Maybe try tagging a couple people. I wont post names here but I can pm you the one whos always helped me with morphs :)

EmilzHernandez

Arachnosquire
Yeah, the hypo half of Hybino Bell's changes things in a weird way. I suppose you could try digging around on Geckosunlimited. Maybe try tagging a couple people. I wont post names here but I can pm you the one whos always helped me with morphs :)
That would be perfect, thanks so much! Yeah, pming me is perfect.