My new H. spinifers

the19thScorpion

Arachnopeon
Well they're here.... 3 H. spinifers! I got them last week and have had some interesting turns already. One particular meanie started bullying on the other 2 so I had to separate them. Not sure if they were just establishing territory or what nut I didn't like the way it looked. I thought they were supposed to be communal! lol Below are pics of them in the same tank (before I separated them)... and yes one of them was balancing itself against the wood piece while hanging upside down. pure entertainment. lol

IMG_1747.jpg IMG_1754.jpg IMG_1860.jpg

Mila

Arachnoknight
They are communal but the males will fight over the female, they'll all fight each other for shelter so provide multiple and they'll fight for food

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
You're lucky none were killed! I had three H. cyaneus in a plastic shoebox. One was cannabalized by one of the others that was overly aggressive, and then the aggressive one tried to kill the last one! I managed to save the one that was being attacked, and have had them separated ever since. Were yours imported? I think it has something to do with the imports not coming from the same colony or locality.

the19thScorpion

Arachnopeon
You're lucky none were killed! I had three H. cyaneus in a plastic shoebox. One was cannabalized by one of the others that was overly aggressive, and then the aggressive one tried to kill the last one! I managed to save the one that was being attacked, and have had them separated ever since. Were yours imported? I think it has something to do with the imports not coming from the same colony or locality.
Nope they all came from the same breeder... I would have assumed they were housed together or were siblings or something. I guess not. Either way the other 2 (the "nice" 2) are much happier in their tank and are just fine.. even sleeping together under the same piece of bark at times.

And yes xunicronx, he is definitely a troublemaker! Right before I took the pic of him above (pic #3) I tried to feed him a cricket. Well he hit the tongs so hard he knocked them out of my hand and of course the cricket got away. The pose he's is in in the pic above was the battle stance he got in after knocking the tongs out of my hand. I'm thinking of naming him Ares (the god of war and violence)... lol