My new black widow:)

ruckaisawesome

Arachnosquire
For a long time, I always wanted a pet black widow, but could never find them. However, while hunting for snakes one day, I was lucky to stumble across one:) It's surprisingly bold and even ate from my tweezer:biggrin: hope I could handle this girl one day...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wjExkMfvsY

yep:)

Attachments

AmysAnimals

Arachnobaron
she is such a cutie, i miss mine
I WISH I could call these spiders cute, instead I am terrified of them. I went outside right now with the thought of black widows in my head. I heard a rustle in the side fence and I freaked out. It was only a toad. -.- I thought it was a black widow coming to get me!! xD I need to get over this fear of them, but I have tried for so long. I don't think I can. I've gotten over so many other fears (including scorpions for the most part) I am surprised I can't get over this fear.

I love my T's though! And I love every other spider.

Curious jay

Arachnodemon
I WISH I could call these spiders cute, instead I am terrified of them. I went outside right now with the thought of black widows in my head. I heard a rustle in the side fence and I freaked out. It was only a toad. -.- I thought it was a black widow coming to get me!! xD I need to get over this fear of them, but I have tried for so long. I don't think I can. I've gotten over so many other fears (including scorpions for the most part) I am surprised I can't get over this fear.

Try capturing one and keeping it in captivity the more you learn about the spider the less fear you will have, yes they have a potent bite but the media portray them as if they are highly aggresive and will strike at any given chance lol if it doesn't feel threatened/annoyed there will be no issue.

Anonymity82

Arachnoprince
Nice picture! Nice home you have for it too! I got mine in a small deli cup but it's eating and molting and looking happy enough. I love them. I can't wait to get more. I was going to get another one but the house I found it sprayed so there weren't any more :(

ruckaisawesome

Arachnosquire

I, myself used to have very strong arachnophobia. I find that by keeping them, both small and large, I was quickly able to over come it. Try doing what Curious jay suggest, it should help

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Congrats. Looks like L. mactans to me. I wouldnt suggest ever holding it. It can be done though. The first one i caught was "hand" caught.

scorps

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
turantulas dont scare me one bit, neither do true spiders but they do give me the willies and I will probably never keep one

DannyH

Arachnobaron
Very pretty widow, but don't handle this thing. My friend caught one of these as a pet, and it bit him, and he said it was the most painful thing he had ever done in his life.