My millipede collection

Marika

Arachnoangel
This is a very fertile species ^^.
I hope you can sell them, it is not only a question of food, but a question of space too when they become larger :wideyed:.
At least they're not the same size as A. gigas :p

keks

Arachnobaron
" Sorry, I have no time for the forum for the next two years, I have to expand my house because I need space for my growing millipedes!" :rofl::rofl:

Marika

Arachnoangel
I noticed a tiny centipede in my giant millipede enclosure. Looks like she's guarding a clutch of babies. Well, maybe they'll help me get rid of the dwarf isopods in that enclosure :rolleyes:
I guess I should change the substrate at some point... But there are no small millipede babies atm in there, the only male I have isn't mature yet.

DSC02675 – kopio.JPG

ShyDragoness

Arachnobaron
I noticed a tiny centipede in my giant millipede enclosure. Looks like she's guarding a clutch of babies. Well, maybe they'll help me get rid of the dwarf isopods in that enclosure :rolleyes:
I guess I should change the substrate at some point... But there are no small millipede babies atm in there, the only male I have isn't mature yet.

View attachment 245627
That is.. adorable??

Marika

Arachnoangel
One of my Mozambique caramels freshly molted. She's pretty but very shy.
DSC02784 – kopio.JPG
DSC02793 – kopio.JPG

I lifted a piece of corkbark and caught Cameroon grey/cream stripe millis just starting to mate.
DSC02795 – kopio.JPG DSC02798 – kopio.JPG DSC02800 – kopio.JPG DSC02802 – kopio.JPG

Cameroon fat black is a poop machine.
DSC02786 – kopio.JPG

Juvenile A. gigas, I think he's about 1,5 years old. (I need to get rid of those isopods...)
DSC02686 – kopio.JPG DSC02691 – kopio.JPG

7Fin

Arachnoknight
Nice pedes! If I had the space, I would totally get a fat Cameroon black. The Caramel pedes look lovely!

mickiem

Arachnoprince
Again, @Marika you wow me with your collection! Those caramels are amazing. But my favorite is the one in your profile pic - Species 8, I think? And those red millipedes you have a gazillion of... Gotta say, if I had that many isopods I'd reach for a blow torch! I finally got them out of one of my enclosures where I'd seen mating and egg laying and never had babies. I had to completely redo the enclosure. That was 3 months ago and I am still waiting on babies.. I love isopods, don't call PETA! I just don't want them in millipede enclosures anymore.

Marika

Arachnoangel
Again, @Marika you wow me with your collection! Those caramels are amazing. But my favorite is the one in your profile pic - Species 8, I think? And those red millipedes you have a gazillion of... Gotta say, if I had that many isopods I'd reach for a blow torch! I finally got them out of one of my enclosures where I'd seen mating and egg laying and never had babies. I had to completely redo the enclosure. That was 3 months ago and I am still waiting on babies.. I love isopods, don't call PETA! I just don't want them in millipede enclosures anymore.
Thanks, you have a great collection as well :) Yeah, I'd like to change that substrate, but I think some of the pedes might be molting, I haven't seen them in ages. I've had babies in isopod infested enclosures, but my Spirotreptidae sp. 8s are in that tank, so I don't want to risk it, they are one of my favorites too. My only male is still immature, so I'm not in a hurry though.

Marika

Arachnoangel
He was hanging like this for a long time, I was actually starting to think that he's dead o_O What a weirdo...
DSC02805.JPG

7Fin

Arachnoknight
Crazy little guy, must've found the perfect relaxation position or something.

mickiem

Arachnoprince
I fed my guys some sweet cherries yesterday. They loved them! I haven't tried strawberries. Yet. :rolleyes:

Marika

Arachnoangel
Reposting some of the older pics that don't work anymore because of Photobucket. I don't have all these pedes anymore, but the pics are nice.

Spirostreptidae sp. 8
DSC01143 – Kopio.JPG
DSC01146 – Kopio.JPG
DSC01147 – Kopio.JPG
DSC01151 – Kopio.JPG
DSC01675 – Kopio.JPG
DSC01676 – Kopio.JPG
DSC01678 – Kopio.JPG

Tanzanian black yellow leg
DSC01758 – Kopio.JPG

Ghana blonde legged
P1320761.JPG

More to come...

7Fin

Arachnoknight
Hurray! Some of the most beautiful millipictures on AB are being revived! That sp. 8 is absolutely stunning:D

VolkswagenBug

Arachnobaron
Reposting some of the older pics that don't work anymore because of Photobucket. I don't have all these pedes anymore, but the pics are nice.

Spirostreptidae sp. 8
View attachment 251870
View attachment 251871
View attachment 251872
View attachment 251873
View attachment 251874
View attachment 251875
View attachment 251876

Tanzanian black yellow leg
View attachment 251877

Ghana blonde legged
View attachment 251878

More to come...
Tuo on kaunista! (Was my structure correct there? I'm trying to learn.)
My favorite is the Tanzanian yellow leg. Do you know the scientific name?

LawnShrimp

Arachnoangel
The 8s are so green and big, but their eyes are so narrow and kinda annoyed looking... cute though!