My millipede collection

SlugPod

Arachnoknight
They are eating fish food (and the springtails and isopods want their share too). Well, then move to Finland? :D
Cool, I offer fish food occasionally too. What brand / type do you offer specifically? Have you done other brands/types or do you stick to just one?

Marika

Arachnoangel
How often do you change substrates? I'm just curious because there's a lot of frass in with your C. splendidus (not that it's harming them or anything since they're obviously thriving!). I'm sure the isopods and springtails help with all that.
I try to disturb them as little as possible, so I only change the substrate if I really need to, like when there's a huge amount of frass or mite invasion or some other reason. Usually I just add more stuff on top (leaves, wood). The substrate in my C. splendidus enclosure needs to be changed, I meant to do it earlier but then decided to wait until the pedelings are bigger, so it's easier to dig them out. But now it needs to be done...

By any chance can you post a picture of the enclosures of your milipedes?

very intersted
I keep them in glass tanks or kritter keepers with substrate, cork bark and maybe a fake plant. Here's the nicest looking one:

I was running out of leaves but added more later.

Cool, I offer fish food occasionally too. What brand / type do you offer specifically? Have you done other brands/types or do you stick to just one?
I've mostly used JBL flakes, the general ones and I also have some that contain a lot of algae. I just bought Aqua Light flakes, haven't offered them yet. Sometimes I give them freeze dried tubifex cubes, gammarus etc.

SlugPod

Arachnoknight
I've mostly used JBL flakes, the general ones and I also have some that contain a lot of algae. I just bought Aqua Light flakes, haven't offered them yet. Sometimes I give them freeze dried tubifex cubes, gammarus etc.
Sounds awesome! I've noticed whenever I offer fish flakes, they're gone the next day. Seems to be a hit.

Jerry

Arachnobaron
I'm curious is that a water dish do they use it to drink from and that set up is awesome

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I try to disturb them as little as possible, so I only change the substrate if I really need to, like when there's a huge amount of frass or mite invasion or some other reason. Usually I just add more stuff on top (leaves, wood). The substrate in my C. splendidus enclosure needs to be changed, I meant to do it earlier but then decided to wait until the pedelings are bigger, so it's easier to dig them out. But now it needs to be done...
Makes sense to just keep adding leaves and wood on top of it. I'm sure they're more than happy in your enclosures. It's hard too to try to change substrate with that much going on since you don't want to disturb anyone who's molting or accidentally throw away eggs or tiny pedes.

SlugPod

Arachnoknight
So, I just changed their substrate and counted over 400 pedelings... :D
Oh my!
Is there something you aren't telling us? How do you have so many?
Got some magick millipede juice or something?
Lol :p

mickiem

Arachnoprince
Yes, totally jelly here! They are beautiful. I don't think we have any in the states. We just have to drool over yours!

Marika

Arachnoangel
Oh my!
Is there something you aren't telling us? How do you have so many?
Got some magick millipede juice or something?
Lol :p
It was an accident :D I actually meant to keep the males and females in separate enclosures, but I had accidentally left a couple of males with the females and this is the result :D

SlugPod

Arachnoknight
It was an accident :D I actually meant to keep the males and females in separate enclosures, but I had accidentally left a couple of males with the females and this is the result :D
Quite the productive accident.
Seems to be that if you don't mean to have them breeding, they breed prolifically.
Good to know, lol!