My millipede collection

Marika

Arachnoangel
Sorry for your loss! :( She had probably reached the end of her natural lifespan, especially since the other millipedes are fine. Do you keep/transfer some of the old substrate when you change it? I’ve been doing so for a while now with my millipedes and I believe it makes rehousing less of a stress and perhaps helps maintain the microbiome.
Thank you. That's a good point. Usually I only change a part of the substrate and add more edible stuff, and I've transferred some of the old substrate if I've moved pedelings from their original enclosure (haven't always done it with adults). This time I was trying to avoid dwarf isopods that are in the old enclosure (they are everywhere...), so I couldn't use any of the old substrate. Still at least one isopod managed to find it's way into the new enclosure :banghead:

Marika

Arachnoangel
I hadn't seen my little A. gigas in ages and had started to think it might have died, but it had just been busy molting and growing. Pooped on my hands twice, lol, did not want to be handled. It's about 2-2,5 years old now.
DSC04379 – kopio.JPG

Marika

Arachnoangel
Mozambique caramels
DSC04645 – kopio.JPG
DSC04647 – kopio.JPG
DSC04649 – kopio.JPG
DSC04655 – kopio.JPG
DSC04664 – kopio.JPG

Spirostreptidae sp. 8 and D. macracanthus (I should have taken those empty beetle jelly cups out before taking pics, lol)
DSC04660 – kopio.JPG
DSC04662 – kopio.JPG

Peek-a-boo
DSC04668 – kopio.JPG
DSC04670 – kopio.JPG

Exoskelos

Arachnosquire
@Marika Have you been successful with breeding any of these? I'm especially curious about the Spirostreptidae sp. 8. Those and the Aphistogoniulus hova are my dream millipedes, but I try to avoid species that don't breed well in captivity. Living in the US is also a bit of torture, the red tape of importing is a supreme hassle to figure out.

Marika

Arachnoangel
@Marika Have you been successful with breeding any of these? I'm especially curious about the Spirostreptidae sp. 8. Those and the Aphistogoniulus hova are my dream millipedes, but I try to avoid species that don't breed well in captivity. Living in the US is also a bit of torture, the red tape of importing is a supreme hassle to figure out.
I've bred A. hova but not Spirostreptidae sp. 8 - not yet, anyway. For the first couple of years I only had females, last year I got a male but haven't seen any pedelings yet. I haven't had both sexes of every species I've had, but I've also bred C. splendidus, C. spinigerus, A. monilicornis, A. gigas, "Cameroon grey/cream stripe" and Anastreptus sp., although all the Anastreptus pedelings died for some reason.