1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My millipede collection

Discussion in 'Myriapods' started by Marika, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Marika

Marika Arachnobaron

Nope, nothing yummy there, just a big pile of pedes. Didn't seem to be a reason for it, that's why it was so weird. Like I said, freaks :p
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Marika

Marika Arachnobaron

Another pede pile:

I don't know how long they had been like that before I noticed. After a while one of them got hungry:
    • Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 3
  3. Marika

Marika Arachnobaron

• Love Love x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Marika

Marika Arachnobaron

The first mating attempt I've witnessed (a couple of months ago). Hoping for babies...
    DSC03749 – kopio.JPG

3x Aphistogoniulus hova (juveniles), C. spinigerus, C. splendidus and 2x Cameroon grey/cream stripe (adult and pedeling).
    DSC03827 – kopio.JPG
    DSC03830 – kopio.JPG
    • Like Like x 2
  5. mickiem

mickiem Arachnoprince Active Member

Good to see you! Are the species 8 sexually dimorphic? Or is someone else just piling in with them? I love the group with the Aphistogoniulus, ivories, C. splendidus and Cameroons. What a great variety! I never tire of seeing your collection. So many we can't get here. :(
  6. Marika

Marika Arachnobaron

At least the male was sold to me as sp. 8, so I'm hoping that's what he is. I did see somewhere someone mention that his males were more brownish in color, but other than that, I haven't been able to find much information. I can't wait for my A. hova juvies to grow up, it's been a while since I've had adults of that species. They are so pretty! But slow growing :p Luckily I have a male and two females, so hopefully that means more red babies in the future.