My millipede collection

Marika

Arachnoangel
Those are really bright, wow. :eek: I'll bet their poison is pretty powerful stuff based on those warning colors.
At least to me it hasn't felt any stronger than other species' poison, it hasn't even stained my skin. Although I've only gotten a few drops on me...

VolkswagenBug

Arachnobaron
At least to me it hasn't felt any stronger than other species' poison, it hasn't even stained my skin. Although I've only gotten a few drops on me...
Humans are pretty resistant, I was thinking more like insect predators.

Marika

Arachnoangel
Took some new pics last night.

Spirostreptidae sp. 8s were underground for a long time, but now they are active again and HUNGRY. Last night they were devouring a mix of daphnia, tubifex, bloodworms and krill. The brown one is male.
DSC03195 – kopio.JPG
DSC03229 – kopio.JPG
DSC03226 – kopio.JPG

D. macracanthus male
DSC03199 – kopio.JPG
DSC03201 – kopio.JPG
DSC03218 – kopio.JPG
DSC03220 – kopio (2).JPG

Last edited:

mickiem

Arachnoprince
Took some new pics last night.

Spirostreptidae sp. 8s were underground for a long time, but now they are active again and HUNGRY. Last night they were devouring a mix of daphnia, tubifex, bloodworms and krill. The brown one is male.
View attachment 253100
View attachment 253101
View attachment 253102

D. macracanthus male
View attachment 253110
View attachment 253111
View attachment 253112
View attachment 253113
Do you have a female GBP? I have a female and I had a male; he died in April. But in June I found her with eggs. Happy! Babies are growing fast.

Last edited:

Marika

Arachnoangel
Do you have a female GBP? I have a female but. I make. He died in April but in June I found her with eggs. Happy! Babies are growing fast.
Nope, I only have one male. I did order a few more in spring, but there was some mix up and the D. macracanthus were missing from the order and I never got them (I did get a refund though). I could have ordered more later, but then I decided that I have enough pedelings atm. I'd love to breed these too, but then there's the issue of selling them. I couldn't keep dozens or even hundreds of them. I've had a couple of D. macracanthus before and they were both male too, I'd like to have a female as well at some point, they are probably even more beautiful.

Congrats on the babies!

VolkswagenBug

Arachnobaron
Do you have a female GBP? I have a female and I had a male; he died in April. But in June I found her with eggs. Happy! Babies are growing fast.
Would you be interested in selling older specimens at some point? Definitely can't afford them right now, but maybe in the spring or summer.

mickiem

Arachnoprince
Would you be interested in selling older specimens at some point? Definitely can't afford them right now, but maybe in the spring or summer.
I just have babies right now. I will possibly have some to sell in the spring. I'll let you know!

VolkswagenBug

Arachnobaron
Yep, that's because Photobucket doesn't allow third party hosting anymore, unless I pay them (the account used to be free). I recently reposted some of those pics.
Yeah, I hate them for doing that. Now 75% of the old invert pics online are unavailable. Hopefully Imgur doesn't follow the same path.

Marika

Arachnoangel
Found this climbing on my couch :rolleyes: They somehow manage to escape from a kritter keeper, I don't know how they can squeeze through the gaps in the lid, but apparently they can... I'm going to have to move them into another enclosure.
DSC03398.JPG

I saw this little guy in one of my millipede enclosures. Cute! (It's tiny compared to the millipedes.)
DSC03405.JPG

mickiem

Arachnoprince
Found this climbing on my couch :rolleyes: They somehow manage to escape from a kritter keeper, I don't know how they can squeeze through the gaps in the lid, but apparently they can... I'm going to have to move them into another enclosure.
View attachment 257085

I saw this little guy in one of my millipede enclosures. Cute! (It's tiny compared to the millipedes.)
View attachment 257086
I found one strolling across the ceramic tile. Hope he knows the grass isn’t always greener on the other side. :rolleyes:

7Fin

Arachnoknight
I found one strolling across the ceramic tile. Hope he knows the grass isn’t always greener on the other side. :rolleyes:
Funny this happened, because yesterday I found my female centrobolus (the big one in my avatar pic) crawling across my bedroom carpet in the morning. Thought it was an oil pastel at first... No idea how she got there, because she must've went out through the lid as I found poo there, and the lid is pretty high up. The only possibility is that she climber down the thermostat wire. *shrug*. I've secured everything now, and move the climbing log. Still no clue how she got from the log to the lid. But if she, or any other of my pedes can escape now, I'll eat my hat.

LawnShrimp

Arachnoangel
Ivories, from what I hear, have great personalities! Any reason for this or were they all just wanting a group hug? There must be several thousand legs in that picture.