My mantis is dying

Ashlyn

Arachnopeon
So a couple of days ago I noticed my mantis lost two of its legs and now just today is lost another one. So it's down to 1 legs and it's two claws. Now she's not eating and I'm worried that she might die. Any suggestions on how to help her?? Or does anyone know what's wrong with her?

ShyDragoness

Arachnobaron
What species, how old and pictures would help greatly, although the situation sounds dire

Bug master

Arachnopeon
So a couple of days ago I noticed my mantis lost two of its legs and now just today is lost another one. So it's down to 1 legs and it's two claws. Now she's not eating and I'm worried that she might die. Any suggestions on how to help her?? Or does anyone know what's wrong with her?
Post some pics how long have you had it

Ashlyn

Arachnopeon
I've only had her for about 3 months and she was a nymph when I got her. They didn't tell my what species when I got her but I'm guessing she's Justin a regular European mantis idk

Attachments

ShyDragoness

Arachnobaron
I've only had her for about 3 months and she was a nymph when I got her. They didn't tell my what species when I got her but I'm guessing she's Justin a regular European mantis idk
Shes not looking great but I dont know enough to confidently suggest anything, hopefully someone more experienced can help you, what has she been eating? pictures of the enclosure would help too

Ashlyn

Arachnopeon
I usually have her in a big glass terrarium with live plants but I just moved her back to the smaller container because she kept falling and I didn't want her to get hurt so I thought a smaller container would prevent her from falling and hurting herself. The smaller container is the one she was in for the first two months I had her.
Is it possible she's getting ready to molt? She's not eating so maybe she'll moly soon.

Attachments

basin79

ArachnoGod
If I'm seeing it right it looks as though the legs have been chewed off (if I'm seeing the stumps). Has it definitely not shed and a cricket was left in and the cricket has eaten the legs?

It sadly won't be able to moult on its own as it won't be able to hang upside-down with the back legs missing.

You possibly could help it when it's next moulting.

Although I keep mantids I'm not too clued up on them.

Ashlyn

Arachnopeon
I don't feed her crickets. I feed her fruit flies and I don't feed her in her cage I like to make sure that she's eating so I take her out and feed her in the smaller container when I can watch her eat.

ShyDragoness

Arachnobaron
I usually have her in a big glass terrarium with live plants but I just moved her back to the smaller container because she kept falling and I didn't want her to get hurt so I thought a smaller container would prevent her from falling and hurting herself. The smaller container is the one she was in for the first two months I had her.
Is it possible she's getting ready to molt? She's not eating so maybe she'll moly soon.
Im abit at a loss, keep her in the smaller enclosure and inspect the old one for anything alive? I would agree with basin saying the legs look chewed off but its hard to see, sorry this is happening to you! my mantis has never dropped legs prior to a molt

Bug master

Arachnopeon
I don't feed her crickets. I feed her fruit flies and I don't feed her in her cage I like to make sure that she's eating so I take her out and feed her in the smaller container when I can watch her eat.
Srry about it there's nothing you can do but to force feed her and help her molt but she might not make it

VolkswagenBug

Arachnobaron
If she does survive, she is a nymph, so she'll be able to regenerate those legs. It's not looking optimistic, though.

Ryunss

Arachnopeon
Since you have live plants in the tank, do you have any isopods? it is possible they could have eaten her legs. if not then I don't have a clue, I'm sorry.