1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My male Avicularia avicularia matured today

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by MikeofBorg, Oct 10, 2018.

1. MikeofBorg

MikeofBorg Arachnosquire

Advertisement
    I got him at I think a little over an inch in DLS almost 3 years and 7 months ago, now he is 4.5 inches DLS. Gonna a miss the guy when he goes. :( Right now he sitting there going through all those weird post molt positions they do.

• Sad Sad x 1
  2. MikeofBorg

MikeofBorg Arachnosquire

694E90DB-C731-4475-9593-2C3BFB626522.jpeg

Finally got into a position so I could take a pic. You can see his papal bulb on his one pedipalp.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Gaherp

Gaherp Arachnofarmer Old Timer

Post more pics when he dries. A lot of males may not be as pretty as females, but I do still like looking a tree crabs ☺

• Like Like x 1
  4. MikeofBorg

MikeofBorg Arachnosquire

Will do. Already have someone interested in pairing him with their female. Hopefully it works out and I can send him off to make babies when he dries out in a week or two.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018 at 1:23 AM
    • Like Like x 3
  5. ohnono

ohnono Arachnopeon

zagreb
    That is so sad... I hope all my slings are girls :(

Was he a good boy?

• Like Like x 2
  6. Teal

Teal Arachnoking Active Member

While ending up with a male IS sad, it is also necessary for the hobby so we can produce captive bred animals. I cried when I packed up my mature male K. brunnipes... I raised him from a microscopic speck of a sling and he was one of my absolute favourites. But he is hopefully contributing to the population of the species in captivity being out on a breeding loan.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. ohnono

ohnono Arachnopeon

zagreb
    I know, I know... It's good for the hobby and I already know where my boys will go (if they turn out to be boys) but still... I want girls because I'm selfish, it's that simple :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  8. Teal

Teal Arachnoking Active Member

Haha no one can blaim you for that! :p

• Like Like x 2
  9. MikeofBorg

MikeofBorg Arachnosquire

He was, very docile and curious spider. Not like my Cobalt blue, she is always so angry when I fill her water.

• Like Like x 1
  10. miamc12321

miamc12321 Arachnopeon Arachnosupporter

Virginia
    I'm sorry, Mike. He's really cute, though! Enjoy the time you still have with your little boy.

• Like Like x 1