My LPS:(:(:(:(:(

roc101

Arachnopeon
5 months ago I purchased a female P. Rufilata from my LPS, I already have a mature male rufilata ready to mate (I thought). Well my female turned out to be a male and I am stuck with two males. Has anyone ever went through this??

NevularScorpion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
if you both it as a guaranteed female you can return it to get store credit or trade of equal value. I did that once and it worked

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well I'd say the LPS probably wouldve sold anything they had as a female. Depending on the shop.
indeed. if they have no idea what they are doing and labeling everything female... what a gamble.

conversely, usually if the price is too good to be true on larger specimens (female or unsexed)... it's often exactly that. i made that mistake starting out and buying an "unsexed" 3.5" brachy. heh, unsexed...yeah, right...

LV-426

Arachnobaron
i assume you bought it from pangea pets seeing that you are from gainesville. im supposed to get a P rufilata sling from that store delivered to the miami store

roc101

Arachnopeon
Yeah that's the store, for now on I will be ordering online from reputable dealer.

LV-426

Arachnobaron
yeah its a gamble around that size, that sucks they sold it to you as female. how much was it if you dont mind me asking?

DeathsPyro12

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Its always a gamble. I got lucky twice, one pet store I went to and bought 2 unsexed T's for $25 each, one a 5" B.boehmei and a 4" c.fasciatum, both turned out female, few months later I went to another LPS and they had a 6" l.p. unsexed for 40$ turned out female. :) Always worth asking to check out the T before buying then letting them know AFTER you bought it and your walking out.

Kris-wIth-a-K

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Rule of thumb.never believe what a pet store says. Rarely, someone knows w.t.f(udge) they are talking about. I see youre in g.vile. was it pangea pets or hogtown reptiles. I heard pangea is kinda...bad. hogtown reptiles was pretty nifty.

Last edited:

LV-426

Arachnobaron
yeah i have been screwed one time by the pangea down here before, but not lately