My little versi

unitard311

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My little versi sling "Gordo", has passed on. He molted on Saturday, was alive Wednesday, and I found him curled Wed. night. RIP my fuzzy little blue.:(

He just made it to his 5th instar.

Tapahtyn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
poor baby, sorry to hear that, it's wierd how they can act healthy and then something just happens. I still miss my avic Gromit, he was so sweet.

unitard311

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Gordo was soo cute too. i couldn't wait for him to grow up. well i just have to get another. versicolors are gorgeous. rip Gordo.

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Gordo was soo cute too. i couldn't wait for him to grow up. well i just have to get another. versicolors are gorgeous. rip Gordo.
None of my a.versicolors have died on me yet (knock on wood). I raised two from slings that are now sub-adult (2.5-3 inches) and I have 5 versi slings. Hope I didnt just curse myself by saying that:eek: .

betuana

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sorry to hear that. I always hear that avic slings are fragile, its why I ended up getting 3 versi slings all at once, in case I lost one or 2 of them...

Always sucks to lose a T, sorry for your loss.

Bosing

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
sorry to hear that. How come I read more deaths in avic slings as compared to the terrestrial type slings... :?

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Probably because versis are quite iffy regarding temperature/moisture in their enclosures. Apparently, a bit too much or too few and you get the SADS...:( I just hope that once I receive my A.versi and A. amazonica slings that I'll make everything as correct as possible.