My leiurus collection keeps growing :)

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
Heres pics of my leiurus collection which now includes 5 species. Only have 6 more species to find now lol just kidding :rofl:

Leiurus quinquestriatus freshly molted 6i
20171002_222304.jpg
Leiurus arabicus breeding pair
20170903_155029.jpg
Leiurus macroctenus 3i
20171002_215511.jpg
Leiurus haenggii 3i
20171002_215228.jpg
Leiurus brachycentrus 2i
20171002_215327.jpg

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
Figured id update this thread since a couple more molted
20171006_164001.jpg
Leiurus Macroctenus molt to 4i
20171006_163840.jpg
Leiurus quinquestriatus molt to 6i from a different bloodline than the other LQ i posted. Cant wait to breed em ;)

Extensionofgreen

Arachnosquire
Those L.arabicus are stunners! I’ll add those to my ever-expanding want list! How uncommon are they in the hobby?

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
Those L.arabicus are stunners! I’ll add those to my ever-expanding want list! How uncommon are they in the hobby?
I only know of 1 other person with them
both my females appear quite plump now so hopefully if they have babies - ill be able to offer some

Last edited:

TheScorpionMan

Arachnoknight
Old Timer

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Leiurus quinquestriatus are super rare nowadays. Happy that an experienced keeper has some in the works!

Would definitely be interested in some quinquestriatus and arabicus when they are available. Keep up the awesome work!

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
Leiurus quinquestriatus are super rare nowadays. Happy that an experienced keeper has some in the works!

Would definitely be interested in some quinquestriatus and arabicus when they are available. Keep up the awesome work!
Well you have some very rare leiurus that i dont have yet and with you being an awesome keeper yourself maybe we can do some trading so we both keep all these rare species around

Stenodactylus

Arachnosquire
Man, beautiful arabicus! Definitely a species I need to add to my Leiurus group. I'm only 4 away from having them all.... why does somalicus have to be so hard? Lol

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
Man, beautiful arabicus! Definitely a species I need to add to my Leiurus group. I'm only 4 away from having them all.... why does somalicus have to be so hard? Lol
Thanks and yes I love the Arabicus probably the most of all my leiurus so far and hopefully soon I'll have some to share as my 1 female looks like a blimp now lol
Somalicus will be around someday I hope :)
Which 7 species do you have ? Maybe another trading partner here !

Stenodactylus

Arachnosquire
I get the majority of my stuff from Brandon, haha. I have brachycentrus, macroctenus, herberti, hebraeus, haenggii, quinquestriatus, and jordanensis. The jordanensis are very close to mature.

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
I get the majority of my stuff from Brandon, haha. I have brachycentrus, macroctenus, herberti, hebraeus, haenggii, quinquestriatus, and jordanensis. The jordanensis are very close to mature.
Ahh you have a nice collection there too with 3 species i dont have and i hope Brandon and you both get to breed L. Jordanensis soon so you can share the wealth :)

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
Nice collection. I'm looking forward to getting a couple L. haenggii soon. First jump into the Leiurus

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
Nice collection. I'm looking forward to getting a couple L. haenggii soon. First jump into the Leiurus
Thanks
L haenggii seem to need higher temps even at smaller instars so just a tip before you dip your toes into the leiurus pool ! They are an awesome genus for sure!

Stenodactylus

Arachnosquire
Leiurus haenggii is definitely a good one to start with! Fairly readily available, straightforward to keep. I haven't had many issues at all with any of my Leiurus, to be honest.

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
Thanks
L haenggii seem to need higher temps even at smaller instars so just a tip before you dip your toes into the leiurus pool ! They are an awesome genus for sure!
Leiurus haenggii is definitely a good one to start with! Fairly readily available, straightforward to keep. I haven't had many issues at all with any of my Leiurus, to be honest.
Thanks for the info! I have a few Hottentota species and an Androctunus bourdoni already, but definitely will get a warmer spot for the haenggii

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
Thanks for the info! I have a few Hottentota species and an Androctunus bourdoni already, but definitely will get a warmer spot for the haenggii
No problem my haenggii's seemed a little sluggish and non responsive to feeders
( as if they had a molt coming soon ) but once i raised the heat a little for them , they ate just fine. All my other leiurus were kept a little cooler and had no issues but the haenggii just needed a tad more i guess