My inverts.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Absolutely over the moon. I knew my Idolomantis diabolica was due to shed. Well I nipped upstairs and noticed a moult was imminent. 26 mins later it was all over with. Absolutely phenomenonal to watch. Took this pic through an air hole.

basin79

ArachnoGod
You can see the difference here. 1st pic is a screen shot of the video so doesn't have the details of the 2nd pic. But you can clearly see a difference in the colouration of the "thighs".

keks

Arachnobaron
I can see the difference, but the mandibels are lighter too, aren't they? Or is that only because of the screenshot?

basin79

ArachnoGod
I can see the difference, but the mandibels are lighter too, aren't they? Or is that only because of the screenshot?
I've just been told that she is a new worker who hasn't fully hardened yet.

LawnShrimp

Arachnoangel
Is it correct that mantids can digest honey and pollen because they feed on pollinators that contain these substances? I know centipedes will forage for fruit in the wild (I give mine kiwi and banana). What's your stance on feeding sugary foods to carnivorous inverts?

basin79

ArachnoGod
Is it correct that mantids can digest honey and pollen because they feed on pollinators that contain these substances? I know centipedes will forage for fruit in the wild (I give mine kiwi and banana). What's your stance on feeding sugary foods to carnivorous inverts?
I've been told by a mantid breeder that they love honey. I'm absolutely certain it's because they eat pollinators yes.

I've never fed my centipedes fruit although I believe they have been known to eat it.

LawnShrimp

Arachnoangel
Her arms are getting color! The green/white/red/blue of the adults make them one of the flashiest of the large mantids.