My inverts.

basin79

ArachnoGod
She's so beautiful, that's amazing camouflage she has - for a few seconds before watching it looked like a half peeled banana, amazing colours and camouflage.
They aren't coloured like they are for camouflage. They actually sit out on bare branches in the wild and such is their mimicry actually attract more flying insects than real flowers.

I just bought the fake plants for a bit of razzle dazzle.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
They aren't coloured like they are for camouflage. They actually sit out on bare branches in the wild and such is their mimicry actually attract more flying insects than real flowers.

I just bought the fake plants for a bit of razzle dazzle.
They must have pheromones that attract the insects as well as their amazing agility, cool, you've got some amount of inverts, and canines and bloody hell, what don't you have, ah leaf cutters. I noticed you saying you wouldn't have them, can I ask why, is it due to the space they need?

basin79

ArachnoGod
They must have pheromones that attract the insects as well as their amazing agility, cool, you've got some amount of inverts, and canines and bloody hell, what don't you have, ah leaf cutters. I noticed you saying you wouldn't have them, can I ask why, is it due to the space they need?
Leaf cutters are vegetarians. That's it.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
Leaf cutters are vegetarians. That's it.
Right, but don't you find them interesting, or do you like the thrill of the chase - so to speak, yeah you can't exactly see a leaf cutter taking down prey, but cool ants anyway, I just watched camel spider upload, voracious little buggers, cool uploads mate, keep 'em coming, I know you will anyway but a little encouragement never hurts.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Right, but don't you find them interesting, or do you like the thrill of the chase - so to speak, yeah you can't exactly see a leaf cutter taking down prey, but cool ants anyway, I just watched camel spider upload, voracious little buggers, cool uploads mate, keep 'em coming, I know you will anyway but a little encouragement never hurts.
They're unbelievably fascinating and that's why I watch youtube videos on them. There's one of a bloke who has a colony in his front room and it's absolutely phenomenonal. I'll go.and find it now.

I just prefer carnivorous animals really. Obviously Pandora isn't a carnivore but still enjoys a treat of cooked chicken breast and a baked fish finger end.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Here's the video. Absolutely unbelievable.

basin79

ArachnoGod
My gorgeous Orchid mantis has died. She arrived as an adult on the 21st of February. Old age caught up with her.

keks

Arachnobaron
It's a pity that this insects only live for a few month when they are adults :(.

basin79

ArachnoGod
It's a pity that this insects only live for a few month when they are adults :(.
Mantids seem to have such a short life considering how complex they are. It's the same with jumping spiders. Octopus only have a short life too which is strange as they're almost unreal with their abilities.

keks

Arachnobaron
Mantids seem to have such a short life considering how complex they are. It's the same with jumping spiders. Octopus only have a short life too which is strange as they're almost unreal with their abilities.
It seems to be a sort of wasted intelligence. I had a small seawater aquarium for some years. For a time I was considering to keep an octopus. There are some species that are small. But it is not easy to keep them well. So I decided against it.

LawnShrimp

Arachnoangel
So true... Mantids, jumping spiders, octopi are some of the most humanlike invertebrates, having excellent vision and relatively complex brains with the ability to problem-solve.

I find mantids to be the most 'human' insect. There is something about the way their raptorial legs look and function like arms, the way they will suddenly stare at you with a turn of their head, and their huge eyes...
Sorry for the loss of your mantis; she was a beautiful creature.

Last edited:

LawnShrimp

Arachnoangel
An Idolo! Great choice for someone with such a diverse collection as you.

It has a lot of growing to do...

basin79

ArachnoGod
Like the bloke who fell in front of a steam train. I'm chuffed to bits.