My Hadrurus Pallidus killed one of the death feigning beetles

HatesUsernames

Arachnopeon
As the title states, I saw my scorpion holding onto one of the 3 death feigning beetles I had placed into his enclosure. After a few minutes, he let it go but the beetle had its legs curled. Has anyone had experience with this before? I had read countless bits of information that these two species usually get along. The desert hairy is still in it's 3i so it's still relatively small.

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
As the title states, I saw my scorpion holding onto one of the 3 death feigning beetles I had placed into his enclosure. After a few minutes, he let it go but the beetle had its legs curled. Has anyone had experience with this before? I had read countless bits of information that these two species usually get along. The desert hairy is still in it's 3i so it's still relatively small.
If your scorpion is still only 3i is was probably well pissed off with having 3 fairly large, by comparison, beetles running around in its enclosed all the time. One would have been plenty enough for a 3i scorpion.

HatesUsernames

Arachnopeon
If your scorpion is still only 3i is was probably well pissed off with having 3 fairly large, by comparison, beetles running around in its enclosed all the time. One would have been plenty enough for a 3i scorpion.
Yeah, I had purchased the beetles in a pack of 3 but I figured a 5-gallon tank would have been plenty big enough for the Scorp to have it's own space while the beetles went along and did their own thing. Lessons learned

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
I wouldn't place the beetles with baby scorpions

The beetles are a clean up crew for a bioactive setup large enclosures where ur scorpion is gona burrow and u wont be able to clean up... if its just a baby scorp on some Sand. The beetles are pretty much pointless

HatesUsernames

Arachnopeon
Are you sure that it’s actually dead and not just playing dead?
Sorry for the late response but yeah i waited a day to see if it'd move from its spot but no luck. I only saw the aftermath of the pallidus holding onto the beetle, not sure if it was able to sting it or if the beetle had just mysteriously died within a couple of hours of me seeing it run around.