1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Grammostola Pulchripes has blocked the entrance of his hide with web

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by kapotas, Dec 21, 2018.

1. kapotas

kapotas Arachnopeon

Greece
    Advertisement
    I know it's something they do on pre-molt but mine did so after the molt.I'm a beginner and i kinda worry because he doesn't seem to drink water for some days now. I guess that's normal and an everyday thing for those with experience, but i can't help but worry. Should i wait for him to come out to offer some food , or just leave it on the web right outside the hide?

2. Venom1080

Venom1080 Arachnoemperor Active Member

They come out when they're ready. Usually when they're ready to eat.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. kapotas

kapotas Arachnopeon

Greece
    thank you very much! i won't bother it with offering food for the time being.

4. The Grym Reaper

The Grym Reaper Arachnotank Arachnosupporter

My B. vagans is currently doing this after being rehoused after his most recent moult.

He is eating though as pre-killed feeders disappear so he's obviously just coming out, eating/drinking, and then sealing himself back in

5. Nightstalker47

Nightstalker47 Arachnoking Active Member

Hunger will eventually draw it out. Once you see legs sticking out of the hide, you know its waiting in an ambush position.

• Like Like x 1
  6. kapotas

kapotas Arachnopeon

Greece
    thank you very much everyone for the information. i just leave it be, it's 1 half week after the molt so i guess maybe it's not ready to eat yet!

7. Keke713

Keke713 Arachnosquire

A week and a half, that’s it!? Wait till you get some that go months without brief seeing lol. I learned very quickly that patience is key in this hobby.