My God .... What is it (she?) please help...

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
I can not focus on it very good . It is grayish and white with yellow leg underside . I do not see male bulbus pedipalps .
Should i try to give it back ? I really doubt that thy will take it ...
It's either late premolt or a male. A pic of the underside would tell for sure. Should be a cinche at that size.

If you have zero experience with arboreal spiders and fast spiders in general. I think it would be a poor idea to keep it

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
Sold as "G. rosea" and is actually a P. regalis:rofl:

This has to be the most ridiculous thing I've seen in a while! Wonder if that pet store can tell the difference between a dog and a cat:meh:

zxneon

Arachnosquire
we
Sold as "G. rosea" and is actually a P. regalis:rofl:

This has to be the most ridiculous thing I've seen in a while! Wonder if that pet store can tell the difference between a dog and a cat:meh:
ll i did know right away that it is not G.rosea . I assumed that it was P.irminia But then i realised that pattern is wrong .
Now i`m almost sure that it is male ... Grayish coloring gives it away . Maybe not mature , i do not see male pedipalp parts.
I cant get good picture of his underside at this moment . Angle in he is sitting distorts picture.

0311usmc

Arachnobaron
I'll probably get a few disagrees over this but oh well. I'd keep it. You've already set the enclosure up relatively good for a poec, and you made it through the rehouse alright. Poecilotheria do have very potent venom, and they are extremely fast when they want to be. But they really aren't as hard to deal with as people claim them to be. I personally think you'll be fine as long as you are cautious like you should be with every T. At least you have some experience with tarantulas. If you take it back to the pet store, they'll just throw it back up for sale. Most likely some kid will end up with it, and a possibly lose it or get hurt. In the end, it's your choice though. If you feel like it's not something you can do, then by all means take it back/sell it.
I agree with you 100%. The OP already made it through the hardest part, the rehousing. Now all you have to worry about is feeding once every two weeks or even once a month if the prey item is big enough. Crack the corner of lid drop in prey and close the lid. If worried about watering use a syringe and squirt water in the bottle cap you have provided through one of your ventilation holes and your good. I also would keep the tarantula if it were me. OP you got this, you can do it just don't stress it or over think it. I know you can do it. Good luck.

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
Yeah. Honestly, Pokies aren't nearly as difficult to keep as many make it out to be. The venom potency gets people on edge. But regarding temperament, they're actually more mild than many other OWs, from my experience. Once he's established, the odds of him bolting out are very slim. When you open a Pokie enclosure, they usually just hide. If you're concerned, just give the enclosure a couple of taps before opening it. He'll dart off into his hole and not bother you.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
In my country we can get ONLY G.rosea so that was welcome change.
What happened to you is one of the many reasons why is better to buy T's online. I hardly doubt that someone will ever end with a 'random pokie' buying T's from a trusted seller/breeder :)

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
What happened to you is one of the many reasons why is better to buy T's online. I hardly doubt that someone will ever end with a 'random pokie' buying T's from a trusted seller/breeder :)
Unless of course you order from Backwater Reptiles. In that case, you'd be lucky to get a pokie and not have an armadillo shipped to you...* :D

*Not that they are considered "trusted" of course.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Unless of course you order from Backwater Reptiles. In that case, you'd be lucky to get a pokie and not have an armadillo shipped to you...* :D

Well, I personally think that if someone still orders from those in Anno Domini 2017, clearly that someone is hopeless.

Their reputation is so much crappy to the point that even someone in a position for give a damn about B.R. (if not only for a geographical reason) like me, is well aware of that.

In a certain way I like those kind of people for two reasons:

1) It's not easy to remain always in the "Top Five of the Crap": you need to put a lot of struggle for mantain such a status. Hands down.

2) If they still make cash... well, my theory that every morning 2 out of 3 people that jumps out of the bed are out on the streets for screw the remaining (and gullible) one, is valid :)

zxneon

Arachnosquire
Today i will try to explain my situation to them . hopefully thy will understand what did thy sell and realise all dangers what can come with it .
If the will not come up with solution and keep it correctly / transfer it , i will then keep it . What else i can do...
wish me (and spider) luck...

boina

Lady of the mites

OMG, I need to order a spider from them, I want that armadillo!!

zxneon

Arachnosquire
Of course on sunday no one from administration works there ... Told me to come tomorrow . At least they told , that maybe thy will be able to give real G.rosea or that brachy (vagans i presume) .
Or i can ofc i can go bananas for selling me without my knowing most venomous tarantula. (thy even say in website that dangerous species are not on offer)

Haksilence

Bad At Titles
Arachnosupporter
100% P regalis or some mutt involving regalis.
Only pokie with that crystal clear white band on the ventral on their abdomen.

zxneon

Arachnosquire
overnight he did some exploring and digging and now sitting in moist place . on other side of that driftwood piece is water dish what i did overflow by good amount . Should i add much more moisture to substrate ?

Attachments

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
overnight he did some exploring and digging and now sitting in moist place . on other side of that driftwood piece is water dish what i did overflow by good amount . Should i add much more moisture to substrate ?
I pay very little attention to substrate moisture with subadult-adult pokies. A full water dish is all you need to worry about:)

elportoed

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Looks like a P regalis, too early to tell if it is a male or female. I had a few looks similar to that and I thought were males and a few molts later, they are females.
Pokies in my experience are shy and rather hide from you than confront you with the threat pose, unless you provoke them. If you provide a hide, they will spend most of the time in the hide and may come out at dusk or at night. Most won't want to leave the containers when I rehouse them.
Always make sure you know where it is in the enclosure before opening it. Don't spook it, you and the spider will do fine.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
I like to give them a little moisture. They do have monsoons where they live after all. Long as it's not bone dry, it's perfect.

zxneon

Arachnosquire
Everything went well .Thy did take it back and did understand mistake and dangers.Spider will be sent back to breeder (?) , not put back for sale. Changed to good healthy hair kicking G.pulchripes female . Thy even asked me some basic tarantula keeping questions . And no i can not keep tarantula who scares me ... I need much more experience for old world ones .

keks

Arachnobaron
Like others here I think you could keep this spider well, but your decision is a good one when you are not ready for this experience. Grammostola pulchripes is a very good choice. You will love her :) .