My first tarantulas (Aussie)

huntsman

Arachnopeon
Hi all,
After keeping a unknown species of Aussie T several years ago, it sadly died a few months after buying it (suspecting it was a mature male when I bought it) he was quite expensive and I went on without any T’s for a while.
Untill a few weeks ago i decided to take the plunge again and I ordered 2 new slings! A Phlogius Hirsutus and A Selenotypus Platinum (unsure of scientific name as this was only discovered a year ago).
B998F94F-6B50-48D4-82EC-A67CB319F4E4.jpeg C6C9B55A-3EE8-4C8F-9924-8C47973353E5.jpeg Left photo: Platinum, it was eating very heavily a few day ago and is now refusing food? Pre-moult?
Right photo: the hirsutus in its hideout munching on a cricket, i am yet to see all of its body as its always in the hideout! Lol A very hungry fella.
Note, i have not changed its enclosure yet due to the fact that it seemed to love the little premade tunnel, do think the tissue will work fine for the time being?

Thanks!

Last edited:

huntsman

Arachnopeon
I would rehouse that histurus to suitable enclosure asap.
Im not sure how I should get her out, the tunnel is quite deep, and leads to substrate. She is very shy and I dont want to harm her.

Last edited:

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Im not sure how I should get her put, the tunnel is quite deep, and leads to substrate. She is very shy and I dont want to harm her.
Do the rehouse inside another large bin, if she escapes she wont get far.

Keep on several inches of semi moist sub...enjoy your new pet hole. ;)

huntsman

Arachnopeon
Hey guys,
An update.
Sucussfully rehoused her yesterday, heres some pics. Do you think it’ll be fine?
CECD0732-FB38-44DF-9921-84272C4287A8.jpeg

Last edited: