My first T! DUW

truthsdeceit

Arachnopeon
Picked up this cute little G. rosea yesterday. I'm so happy!. My boyfriend isn't ;P lol. I'm gonna have to work on making him comfortable with having a in his words "big creepy spider" in the house.

Here she is.

I've been saying 'she' did I get it right?

Well, what does everyone thinK? I'm so excited. {D

Miss Bianca

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congratulations. I see you're completely comfortable with the new addition! Very good :) She's lookin' great. This is the start of something big :D

truthsdeceit

Arachnopeon
What an obvious male! Lol naw it's a female congrats :)
Don't scare me like that!! :eek: lol. Thanks, I was pretty sure she was a girl but like I said she's my first so I had to ask.

Congratulations. I see you're completely comfortable with the new addition! Very good :) She's lookin' great. This is the start of something big :D
I was pretty apprehensive before I got her cause spiders freak me in general but I found this dude, tarantulaguy1976, on youtube and loved his T vids. Then once I had her in my hands my love of all animals kicked in and now I'm completely comfy. :D

Goddess.... the start of something you say. I already want another one! My BF is going to kill me!!!! No, I've promised myself I will get him comfortable with her before I get another. besides I can't afford a more expensive T right now anyway. My list includes the GreenBottle Blue, Chaco Golden knee, and Pink Toe... lol see that start of something big alright.
I see this ending like my snakes... from one to 4 in less than a year and more to come. {D

truthsdeceit

Arachnopeon
{D Lol I'm sorry I just had to do it.
I guess I can forgive you.

I'm just glad I managed to get good enough pics. That was the one thing I was NOT comfy with. She did not want to be picked up that way and kept trying to grab the camera.

truthsdeceit

Arachnopeon
I've decided to name her Squish. lol.... I was joking with my boyfriend about what he would want to do with her and I liked it. I'm glad he loves me enough to not hurt my pets.

Lets hope she never becomes her name sake.

Then again I've got a friend coming over who loves T's so maybe we'll come up with something better.

Last edited:

Jwwjr

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Lol you and your bf sound like how me and my gf were a few months ago. she got a chaco, i was unsure about the whole tarantula gig, and now we both have our 4 own T's :) what did me in was the pinktoe ;) at first... now im trying to convince her to let me get a Haplopelma lividum

truthsdeceit

Arachnopeon
Lol you and your bf sound like how me and my gf were a few months ago. she got a chaco, i was unsure about the whole tarantula gig, and now we both have our 4 own T's :) what did me in was the pinktoe ;) at first... now im trying to convince her to let me get a Haplopelma lividum
I don't think that he'll ever want some of his own but I'm hoping to get him to see her as a cool thing to have around.

When I got my first snake, he wasn't very enthused (not as against it as the T though). But by the time I wanted a fourth snake he encouraged me getting it. But he's never shown interest in taking care if them, or feeding them. He will hold my snakes if I have one out already. I think mostly he wanted a snake that gets really big just to say we have one, my newest snake is a Red tail Boa.

But yeah, I'm hoping he'll learn to appreciate my T. And be okay with more in the future.

Last edited:

Sky`Scorcher

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yup, its a girl. She looks a lot like mine.

This is just the beginning though! :D

Hope you get more into the hobby, its a really nice community.

:clap: Congrats on your first T!!:clap:

and hopefully the ones your list won't be your last ;)

Luiscifer

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I've decided to name her Squish. lol.... I was joking with my boyfriend about what he would want to do with her and I liked it. I'm glad he loves me enough to not hurt my pets.

Lets hope she never becomes her name sake.

Then again I've got a friend coming over who loves T's so maybe we'll come up with something better.
Squish? That has to be one of the coolest T names I have ever hear. Lol. Congrats on becomming a mommy.

AudreyElizabeth

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
You have a beautiful G. rosea and it is obvious that you have done your homework! :clap: Of course, watching Robc's videos is some of the best homework you can do! I'll have to say that watching someone handle tarantulas that is confident about it helps a lot. Welcome to the hobby, and I wish you luck with it. I'm sneaking them in past my husband right and left these days! "Is that a new one?!" {D

wedge07

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Beautiful rosie, congrats. I know more women who like my Ts than men. My buddy Wood is terrified of them.

Boanerges

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hey, don't I know you from somewhere else ;) Again, very nice looking female rosey you got there. Now you just need to pick up your pink toe :D

truthsdeceit

Arachnopeon
Congrats to your first T. Hope you like it
Thanks. I more than like her!

hopefully the ones your list won't be your last ;)
I'm sure they won't be. It's just a start. :p

Ohh your talking about robc
Yeah, robc, he's very cool, the best tarantula vids I've found so far. Any newbies reading this should definitely go check him out. tarantulaguy1976 on youtube.

Squish? That has to be one of the coolest T names I have ever hear. Lol.
Yeah it's grown on me too, looks like the name Squish is here to stay. lol.

I'm sneaking them in past my husband right and left these days! "Is that a new one?!" {D
:clap: haha... that's great, your poor husband! I'm far too excited when I get a new pet to be sneaky about it. But I think my boyfriend mostly understands that new animals are inevitable around me... but right now he's hoping I'll get another snake not another T... too bad for him. lol.

Beautiful rosie, congrats. I know more women who like my Ts than men. My buddy Wood is terrified of them.
That's interesting, someone should do a study.

Hey, don't I know you from somewhere else ;) Again, very nice looking female rosey you got there. Now you just need to pick up your pink toe :D
Lol. Why yes you do seem familiar....:rolleyes:
I'm new to arachnoboards but I just had to share with BP.net too you know, I've been on there for what seems like forever.

Thanks everyone!!!{D
Squish here seems to be a digger. I'm gonna have to upgrade her to a 5.5 ,when I can afford one, just so I can give her more substrate.

Snakeguybuffalo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Welcome to the boards and the hobby. Awesome looking setup for Squish.

It's true. I work at one of the largest private pet stores in the northeast, we have the largest reptile selection in all of NY, PA, new england etc, and most of the girls that come in respond better than most of the guys. Some of you might be amazed at how many guys resopnd to our big sulcattas, calling them snapping turtles and being afraid of them. Every girl comments on how cute they are. It's amazing!!

truthsdeceit

Arachnopeon
Welcome to the boards and the hobby. Awesome looking setup for Squish.

It's true. I work at one of the largest private pet stores in the northeast, we have the largest reptile selection in all of NY, PA, new england etc, and most of the girls that come in respond better than most of the guys. Some of you might be amazed at how many guys resopnd to our big sulcattas, calling them snapping turtles and being afraid of them. Every girl comments on how cute they are. It's amazing!!
Thanks.
Yeah, we girls are amazing creatures we can find anything cute! :?
And thanks again for the sig warning.